• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size do you wear, and where do you live!? Just kidding.

yes, I'd love to hear more about the shoes, their fit, the various RTW lasts they have and the process if you know about it.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If those shoes cost €720 in Paris, think $1500 here @ NM. And I'm talking an easy $1500

nioh

Reaction score
Exquisite shoes whnay! Looking forward to those reports
smile.gif

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's some hella antiquing on the brown pair; in fact, they look like a pair of Church's I tossed several years ago, that had come to look like that through years of abuse and overwear. How do they achieve that on new shoes?

mussel

Reaction score
The 2 pairs Corthays are the best shoe Appreciation seen in a while. I especially love the Bucy, I proclaim it as the shoe of the year. Are they Goodyear welted?

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Corthays are utterly heavenly and sublime, excellent picks.

Vass Theresianer high boots, F last, double soles, brown velour:

p1030234ajf8.jpg

p1030231ads5.jpg

p1020783azh6.jpg

p1020608ayj5.jpg

p1020605aoz8.jpg

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whoa - those are pretty cool. I usually don't like high laced boots but I'd make an exception for those. I really like that F last too - maybe more than the U.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice boots, I'd love to see them on.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A comparison: U vs. F last

Vass shoe trees are very true to the form, so the difference between to two lasts is more apparent judging from the trees. As you can see the F last is fuller, wider and more volumious than the U last even though it's one size smaller. Vass doesn't make trees in half sizes, only full sizes. So F last may be a better alternative for someone who has a fit issue with U last.

p1030399ud8.jpg

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
von Rothbart said:
A comparison: U vs. F last

Vass shoe trees are very true to the form, so the difference between to two lasts is more apparent judging from the trees. As you can see the F last is fuller, wider and more volumious than the U last even though it's one size smaller. Vass doesn't make trees in half sizes, only full sizes. So F last may be a better alternative for someone who has a fit issue with U last.
von Rothbart said:
Thanks for posting this. Very helpful.

Do you have any experience with the C&J 337 last? I'm curious how this fits in comparison to the F and U last.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby
Thanks for posting this. Very helpful.

Do you have any experience with the C&J 337 last? I'm curious how this fits in comparison to the F and U last.

Chris, I find C&J 337 fits quite close to the U last, closer than the F last. With F last I have to down size at least half a size from the U last. If 337 fits you pretty good and you're a big fan of U last, I think you're in luck. I know many people have fit issue width wise with U last.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
There have been some amazing shoes posted lately!!!
These in particular! Congrats to the lucky owners!

Does any one know the technical /proper name for these G&G suede shoes?

People generally refer to this style as a "side-gusset slip-on."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads