• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkincy

Reaction score
I must agree with your love of plaintoe with medallion.

U Last Oxford w/medallion
2006_1108Vass0006.jpg

Bontoni
2006_0830Shoes08230001.jpg

RLPL Grant
2006_0804Shoes0017.jpg

Gucci
2006_1004Gucci0004-1.jpg

Weymouth
2006_1004weymouth0006.jpg

Perry

pkincy

Reaction score
And these are on the way from London.

I hope they look a bit better than the pictures but I love the JL prestige line so I am sure they will be great even if I can't figure out what to wear them with.

The JL Vintage 2006 in Red Lord Calf.
JLVintage2006-1.jpg

Perry

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
Didn't mean to try and fool you, so I added names.

Thanks!

Perry

haha, I see. I never liked the Wemouth medallion, but these look great!

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
He looks a bit like the late RJ cat.

vogda

Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
I agree. I think their selling points are finishes and some gimmicky designs. Some of them are very nice to look at, pure eye candy. Actually, I quite like some of their lasts. But they don't age well and crease like crazy. Good for display only. Pure form over substance.

You can try StefanoBi which is about the same price level as Berluti at Vacca, but it does go on sale, currently 30% off I think. Afterall Berluti RTW is made by StefanoBi.

Does John Lobb go in Sale ?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vogda
Does John Lobb go in Sale ?
Yes, in New York it's generally in the middle of the summer. I believe they are also having a sale in January. Prices are generally about 30% off, with none of their very popular models ever going on sale.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Yes, in New York it's generally in the middle of the summer. I believe they are also having a sale in January. Prices are generally about 30% off, with none of their very popular models ever going on sale.

The Lobb sale (30-60%) starts Dec 4th.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
aka tomorrow

I'll be the guy in the Barbera grey flannel suit.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads