• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shirt for dark denim?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'd like to get some ideas for shirts to purchase, to go with dark denim. the jeans i bought are a dark raw denim, with a yellow logo on the back pockets; i'm sure you guys prefer other brands, but i know the fit of the 33 inch waist in this one, and i needed to order them online (couldn't get rag and bone in 33 waist):

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0732cat8900744

i'll probably wear this with some diesel gymshoes, which are olive green/ blue and red striped cloth on the side. need something to tool around london for a handful of hours, possibly staying one night there.

thanks!

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
i'd like to get some ideas for shirts to purchase, to go with dark denim. the jeans i bought are a dark raw denim, with a yellow logo on the back pockets; i'm sure you guys prefer other brands, but i know the fit of the 33 inch waist in this one, and i needed to order them online (couldn't get rag and bone in 33 waist):

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0732cat8900744

i'll probably wear this with some diesel gymshoes, which are olive green/ blue and red striped cloth on the side. need something to tool around london for a handful of hours, possibly staying one night there.

thanks!

IMG_1842.jpg

product1101_large.jpg

IMG_8248_RS.gif

128_large.jpg

Brian SD

Reaction score
The shirt drizzt posted bottom, and second from it, would work best IMO. They're both nice looking shirts.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
The shirt drizzt posted bottom, and second from it, would work best IMO. They're both nice looking shirts.
Yeah, I kinda regret not picking up that bottom shirt now. It was $71 from Oak, but I'd never heard of the brand, Hyden Yoo? It looks pretty cool in any case. Top to bottom: Veronique Branquinho Steven Alan Rag & Bone Hyden Yoo

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
rag and bones fall collection is off the hook.
JUst remeber its a dark jean do something a little lighter. Jean go with everything for the most part. get it together man.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD

Agreed.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, guys! by the responses, maybe a lighter shirt is a good way to go. what do you think of a white shirt with small navy or blue checked pattern?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks, guys! by the responses, maybe a lighter shirt is a good way to go. what do you think of a white shirt with small navy or blue checked pattern?

I don't really feel it, but it depends on the specific shirt. Some checks could look a bit too businesslike, but some could look good. I still think a solid or stripe is safer.

Studio27

Reaction score

Gingham w/ navy might work, but I'd go with a slightly different color - something brighter. Add a blazer or jacket/coat on top & walk out the door.

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
....but many of my light-colored shirts have been dyed by these jeans....
plain.gif

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could always do the rather overdone military shirt, with two chest pockets, etc. Or pick a shirt in tan, if that works with your coloring. (Frankly, the yellow shirt does not work with the wearer's coloring.) Just make sure to consider the jacket when choosing anything with short sleeves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads