• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Color Help! Should boat shoes match (or contrast with) your hair or your skin? (Dark Brown vs Tan Boat Shoes?)

datrat

Reaction score
I got some Sperry Topsider gold cups in both the tan and the dark brown with the white soul. I’m not sure which ones to keep.

The dark brown ones match my hair and they contrast with my white but somewhat olive sun tanned skin skin a lot which draws attention to them but it also brings out my hair.

on the other hand the tan ones come close to matching my skin so they blend in and don’t stand out but they contrast with my dark brown hair and if I squint my eyes, they sort of clash with my skin.

I want to wear tan and white khaki shorts and pants with these, and occasionally light or dark jeans. But mostly shorts. I tend to wear pastel blue or light blue shirts or navy or dark blue this time of year, tees, polos, or ocbds (cotton or linen).

Given all this…which color should I keep?

When deciding, should boat shoes match your hair or skin? Or should they contrast with it?

I need help from someone really good with colors!

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are overthinking this. I doubt that you have been cast in a
Wes Anderson movie. And… if that were the case, a stylist would
decide for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads