• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shearling lined winter boots

Fabijan

Reaction score
Hello, you could look up "Filzstiefel". Plenty of choices from Germany and Austria, they are often used as hunting or (luxury) winter hiking boots.
I just ordered these:
(On the German site they're around 350€, as a Swiss we pay a "Swiss tax" by being an higher income country).
They aren't as refined as the Ludwig Reiters but we can't complain since they are half the price and still use the same kind of leather and a more robust construction (double stitched instead of Goodyear welt)
Hi, this is amazing as I didn't know they have an "official" name so I couldn't investigate on it more - thanks! I agree with you, it's a trade-off that I cannot afford.

Swampster

Reaction score
The only ones I have tried on are Loake Wolf https://www.loake.com/product/wolf-tan/ - a standard lace-up.
I only wore them in the shop, so I don't know what they are like in proper wear, but they felt great. They are roomy - I could wear them with normal socks even though they are an F and I am normally a G. Loake recommend going half a size down. I don't know how well they would fit if you also wanted to go with winter socks.
I was tempted but I already have the similar looking but unlined Bedale and I don't spend enough time in sub-zero temperatures to make them worthwhile.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If money were no object, I’d buy Edward Green shearling-lined Galways, but I am reluctant to spend that much on boots I know are likely to take a beating.

I have these and while pricey (though I got mine from Cavour at 20% off), they are worth every penny. Take a beating while looking great. Easily my most comfortable pair of footwear.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If money were no object, I’d buy Edward Green shearling-lined Galways, but I am reluctant to spend that much on boots I know are likely to take a beating.
I have quite a few pairs of shearling lined boots, think I’m up to about 17 now, including the Galway shearling. By far the majority of the shearlings in my shoe room are Meermin. Most people on SF know my stance on EG, they’re simply not worth the asking price, but hey that’s just me. The Galway shearling are certainly not anything exceptional in my view. I know, I know all of the EG sycophants will come after me now 😝. I really like Meermin because they are actually fully shearling lined, which is what I personally want in a shearling boot.

Fabijan

Reaction score
The only ones I have tried on are Loake Wolf https://www.loake.com/product/wolf-tan/ - a standard lace-up.
I only wore them in the shop, so I don't know what they are like in proper wear, but they felt great. They are roomy - I could wear them with normal socks even though they are an F and I am normally a G. Loake recommend going half a size down. I don't know how well they would fit if you also wanted to go with winter socks.
I was tempted but I already have the similar looking but unlined Bedale and I don't spend enough time in sub-zero temperatures to make them worthwhile.
Thanks for sharing, they look lovely, I would like to try them on as well.

Fabijan

Reaction score
I have these and while pricey (though I got mine from Cavour at 20% off), they are worth every penny. Take a beating while looking great. Easily my most comfortable pair of footwear.
I also love how they look and I saw generally good reviews, however they're both a bit different than what I'm looking and a bit out of the budget that I'm prepared to invest. Nevertheless, thanks for the adivce!

Fabijan

Reaction score
I have quite a few pairs of shearling lined boots, think I’m up to about 17 now, including the Galway shearling. By far the majority of the shearlings in my shoe room are Meermin. Most people on SF know my stance on EG, they’re simply not worth the asking price, but hey that’s just me. The Galway shearling are certainly not anything exceptional in my view. I know, I know all of the EG sycophants will come after me now 😝. I really like Meermin because they are actually fully shearling lined, which is what I personally want in a shearling boot.
Whoaa controversies ;). Jokes aside, that's very interesting to hear, because I once tried Meermin Chelsea boots and my god were they uncomfortable and I know that that's the usual comment with Meermin: they are hard to break-in, but they are worthwhile, however I'm not sure I'm ready for that tradeoff.

But I suppose that they're a bit easier to break-in with shearling?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads