• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shearling lined winter boots

Fabijan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm in a process of exploring options of shearling lined winter boots and I stumbled upon an ideal piece: https://www.ludwig-reiter.com/de/senner-juchtenleder-mocca.html - leather not suede, natural (doesn't need to be natural shearling) shearling lined, no laces - belted instead, thick soles and goodyear welted.

However, they are out of my budget a bit as I was aiming for something no more than 400€ so I'm looking for a more affordable alternative and I'm of course ready to compromise. Four things that I wouldn't like to compromise on is: brown leather (not suede), shearling lined, located in EU, no laces.

Nevertheless if you stumble upon any shearling lined boot in EU please do share.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 01-04855_Ludwig_Reiter_dark_brown_0887_5000x.jpg
    01-04855_Ludwig_Reiter_dark_brown_0887_5000x.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 51
  • imgs.495-d-zd.jpg
    imgs.495-d-zd.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 787
  • Ludwig Reiter Maronibrater Boot.jpg
    Ludwig Reiter Maronibrater Boot.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 778

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most sizes sold out of this model and another on Skoaktiebolaget’s website. This is their house brand so you won’t find it elsewhere. I’d think they will have more inventory for the upcoming F/W season but you may want to contact them directly.

Fabijan

Reaction score
Most sizes sold out of this model and another on Skoaktiebolaget’s website. This is their house brand so you won’t find it elsewhere. I’d think they will have more inventory for the upcoming F/W season but you may want to contact them directly.

These look amazing, I'll get in touch with them and see what are their plans for AW23 - thank you very much!

Fabijan

Reaction score
These look amazing, I'll get in touch with them and see what are their plans for AW23 - thank you very much!
Just an update, the company got back to me and they'll restock these boots for the new season soon, but anyone who is interested can signup for notification when they're restocked.

In the meantime, any other suggestion is more than welcome!

SirThopas

Reaction score
I bought some shearling-lined Chelsea boots from Meermin. Quality is nothing special, but more or less what you’d expect for the price (£255); they are warm and look decent. They don’t seem to have any in stock at the moment, but I daresay they will return. They do have some other shearling boots at the moment (https://eu.meermin.com/collections/mens-boots?_=pf&pf_t_lining=lining:shearling).

Fabijan

Reaction score
I bought some shearling-lined Chelsea boots from Meermin. Quality is nothing special, but more or less what you’d expect for the price (£255); they are warm and look decent. They don’t seem to have any in stock at the moment, but I daresay they will return. They do have some other shearling boots at the moment (https://eu.meermin.com/collections/mens-boots?_=pf&pf_t_lining=lining:shearling).
Thank you very much!

I once tried Meermin shoes, I liked the design and heard a lot of good reviews, but one thing that all people mentioned is how stiff they are when new and my god were they right haha! I tried the shoes and felt like I had iron armor on my feet.

But maybe when they are shearling lined, you don't feel the stiffness that much? How did they feel to you?

SirThopas

Reaction score
Thank you very much!

I once tried Meermin shoes, I liked the design and heard a lot of good reviews, but one thing that all people mentioned is how stiff they are when new and my god were they right haha! I tried the shoes and felt like I had iron armor on my feet.

But maybe when they are shearling lined, you don't feel the stiffness that much? How did they feel to you?

That’s the brand’s reputation. These are a little on the stiff side, but not bad. I actually have the Lof & Tung boots mentioned upthread, which are great but a bit less convenient for slipping on and off - not a trivial consideration with winter boots, I find.

SirThopas

Reaction score
If money were no object, I’d buy Edward Green shearling-lined Galways, but I am reluctant to spend that much on boots I know are likely to take a beating.

Fabijan

Reaction score
That’s the brand’s reputation. These are a little on the stiff side, but not bad. I actually have the Lof & Tung boots mentioned upthread, which are great but a bit less convenient for slipping on and off - not a trivial consideration with winter boots, I find.
Nice, L&T look amazing, still a bit over the budget, but nevertheless I'm considering buying them. Did you buy a size bigger than usual because of the shearling lining - CS did not give a specific answer on this, but did say that it might be a good idea.

Additionally, how cold does it get where you live and do L&T boots keep you warm?

Edward Green look terrific, as usual with them you can see the level of craftmanship invested. Similar to what you said, I'm not a car-office-car-apartment person so I'm also not reluctant to spend that much on shoes that would have to go through mud, water and snow.

SirThopas

Reaction score
Nice, L&T look amazing, still a bit over the budget, but nevertheless I'm considering buying them. Did you buy a size bigger than usual because of the shearling lining - CS did not give a specific answer on this, but did say that it might be a good idea.

Additionally, how cold does it get where you live and do L&T boots keep you warm?

Edward Green look terrific, as usual with them you can see the level of craftmanship invested. Similar to what you said, I'm not a car-office-car-apartment person so I'm also not reluctant to spend that much on shoes that would have to go through mud, water and snow.

I didn’t size up in the L&T boots, and the fit is fine, although I switched the insoles to something a bit denser than was provided. They’re currently languishing in my basement; next time I go down there I’ll take another look and see if I can provide any more precise intel, but I know for sure that I bought my usual size.

I live in London, where it doesn’t get anything like as cold in winter as it does in many parts of mainland Europe or the US. So I haven’t put the boots to a very stringent test, temperature-wise.

Fabijan

Reaction score
I didn’t size up in the L&T boots, and the fit is fine, although I switched the insoles to something a bit denser than was provided. They’re currently languishing in my basement; next time I go down there I’ll take another look and see if I can provide any more precise intel, but I know for sure that I bought my usual size.

I live in London, where it doesn’t get anything like as cold in winter as it does in many parts of mainland Europe or the US. So I haven’t put the boots to a very stringent test, temperature-wise.
I some how forgot to answer - sorry for that! Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Regarding temperature, I guess that doesn't only depend on the temperature, but also on users tolerance to it. But it's still useful!

Fabijan

Reaction score
Following my quest for my perfect winter shearling boots, I came across Hammerstein - "The finest bespoke shoes outside of England."- https://www.hammerstein-shop.com/en/.

Website is quite un-user friendly, but I found their shoes on Best Secret and these two look amazing:
RRP is cca 500€, discounted version is 50% lower, which an amazing price for shoes they claim are a 100% hand stitched (except the uppers), hand welted, and use box calf leather.

Does anyone have any experience with them, I cannot find one review online.

F

Fabijan

Reaction score
I am looking for similar boots for a while already, still didn't find my perfect pair.
At the moment found mason easy pay reviews, really hope that their boots will have a proper quality. There is no actual shop in our area, so need to order online.
Unfortunately I cannot join the page: Access denied, Error code 1020, You do not have access to www.masoneasypay.com. The site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site.

However, I found yet more of potential candidates here:
Hope it helps! Now I'm stuck with 2-3 great options :D

bafe

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm in a process of exploring options of shearling lined winter boots and I stumbled upon an ideal piece: https://www.ludwig-reiter.com/de/senner-juchtenleder-mocca.html - leather not suede, natural (doesn't need to be natural shearling) shearling lined, no laces - belted instead, thick soles and goodyear welted.

However, they are out of my budget a bit as I was aiming for something no more than 400€ so I'm looking for a more affordable alternative and I'm of course ready to compromise. Four things that I wouldn't like to compromise on is: brown leather (not suede), shearling lined, located in EU, no laces.

Nevertheless if you stumble upon any shearling lined boot in EU please do share.

Thanks!
Hello, you could look up "Filzstiefel". Plenty of choices from Germany and Austria, they are often used as hunting or (luxury) winter hiking boots.
I just ordered these:
(On the German site they're around 350€, as a Swiss we pay a "Swiss tax" by being an higher income country).
They aren't as refined as the Ludwig Reiters but we can't complain since they are half the price and still use the same kind of leather and a more robust construction (double stitched instead of Goodyear welt)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads