• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seoul 22 march need recomendatons

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm arriving 6 am and leaving 6 pm on 22 March. I need to be at a meeting at the world trade center in seoul for 2-3 hours in the early afternoon, and back to the airport by 4:30 pm.

I was thinking that instead of hitting a hotel for a couple of hours, I'd hit a Jjimjilbang and have a nice lunch. any recomendations in that part of town?

I had hoped to meet up with some of you, but honestly I am thinking that there is no way to fit it all in, unless anybody works in that area and wants to meet for an early lunch

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
COEX/Samsung-dong? I live down here, might be down for lunch if it's like 11 or after.

Lately I like riding the train from the airport as it seems to run more frequently and you'll find the train stations easier to navigate than a bus. Taxis are an option but you can spend $75 each way and they might get caught in an hour of traffic on the way in right at the city limits (after 6-7am when the morning rush into Seoul starts)

There's not a lot to see in Seoul during the a.m. hours on a weekday. People are just slogging through work around that time, mostly kids out on the streets. A lot of restaurants just run all day in the more popular areas, so finding meals won't be hard.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

COEX/Samsung-dong? I live down here, might be down for lunch if it's like 11 or after.

Lately I like riding the train from the airport as it seems to run more frequently and you'll find the train stations easier to navigate than a bus. Taxis are an option but you can spend $75 each way and they might get caught in an hour of traffic on the way in right at the city limits (after 6-7am when the morning rush into Seoul starts)

There's not a lot to see in Seoul during the a.m. hours on a weekday. People are just slogging through work around that time, mostly kids out on the streets. A lot of restaurants just run all day in the more popular areas, so finding meals won't be hard.

cool, I'd like to do lunch at 11 -1130, or 2 or so. I don't need to see much, I've been a few times and I'll be back, I was hoping to get a meal and a bath while waiting for my meeting and then get back to the airport.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol, I was thinking that the bath part might not be the social part of the morning.

ok, so here is my thought - I land at 6 am, I was going to go to gangnam and try to hit a Jjimjilbang

so, if anybody wants to meet at Gourmet 494 at 11:30 for lunch, then that seems like a good plan to me. if anybody has an alternative recomendation in that part of town, I'm up for it, too.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Would skip Gourmet 494 unless you just want to eat Korean food court food.

Something came up for me, so I gotta go to Tokyo today. Sorry man, figured I was gonna be here. In any case, I recommend a restaurant called 'Shigol Babsang' right off the main street of Garosu-gil in Shinsa-dong (across from Hyundai department store/Hyundai high school at Apgujung station) if you are interested in a lunch-y Korean food meal. They give you a rice, a jjigae, and then a bunch of different banchan side dishes and it's like, $8. Address is Gangnam-gu, Shinsa-dong 549-9

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Looks like this from the outside

food looks like this (they still give you the same number of side dishes no matter how many people you are, just a rice and a soup for each person)

If you're ballin and want to stay near COEX, the Park Hyatt has a kind of avant looking bibimbap in the lobby floor cafe.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
too bad, well thanks for the recomendation, I'll see if I can find it.

Claghorn or anybody else around?

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

too bad, well thanks for the recomendation, I'll see if I can find it.

Claghorn or anybody else around?

Sorry man, I would love to but I'll be working till 5. Too bad you can't stay longer for the SF dinner later that night.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry that I will miss you guys, have to get home after a long trip

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in the end I really didn't do anything aside from work, my flight got in an hour late, so I hit rush hour, it took me till about 10:30 to get to the meeting, grabbed a simple lunch and went back to the airport. maybe nexttime gentlemen

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads