1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

seoul 22 march need recomendatons

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by globetrotter, Mar 7, 2013.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I'm arriving 6 am and leaving 6 pm on 22 March. I need to be at a meeting at the world trade center in seoul for 2-3 hours in the early afternoon, and back to the airport by 4:30 pm.

I was thinking that instead of hitting a hotel for a couple of hours, I'd hit a Jjimjilbang and have a nice lunch. any recomendations in that part of town?

I had hoped to meet up with some of you, but honestly I am thinking that there is no way to fit it all in, unless anybody works in that area and wants to meet for an early lunch

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

COEX/Samsung-dong? I live down here, might be down for lunch if it's like 11 or after.

Lately I like riding the train from the airport as it seems to run more frequently and you'll find the train stations easier to navigate than a bus. Taxis are an option but you can spend $75 each way and they might get caught in an hour of traffic on the way in right at the city limits (after 6-7am when the morning rush into Seoul starts)

There's not a lot to see in Seoul during the a.m. hours on a weekday. People are just slogging through work around that time, mostly kids out on the streets. A lot of restaurants just run all day in the more popular areas, so finding meals won't be hard.

3. globetrotter

cool, I'd like to do lunch at 11 -1130, or 2 or so. I don't need to see much, I've been a few times and I'll be back, I was hoping to get a meal and a bath while waiting for my meeting and then get back to the airport.

4. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Please update us on how the bath with Impolyt went.

2 people like this.
  5. globetrotter

lol, I was thinking that the bath part might not be the social part of the morning.

ok, so here is my thought - I land at 6 am, I was going to go to gangnam and try to hit a Jjimjilbang

so, if anybody wants to meet at Gourmet 494 at 11:30 for lunch, then that seems like a good plan to me. if anybody has an alternative recomendation in that part of town, I'm up for it, too.

6. impolyt_one

Would skip Gourmet 494 unless you just want to eat Korean food court food.

Something came up for me, so I gotta go to Tokyo today. Sorry man, figured I was gonna be here. In any case, I recommend a restaurant called 'Shigol Babsang' right off the main street of Garosu-gil in Shinsa-dong (across from Hyundai department store/Hyundai high school at Apgujung station) if you are interested in a lunch-y Korean food meal. They give you a rice, a jjigae, and then a bunch of different banchan side dishes and it's like, $8. Address is Gangnam-gu, Shinsa-dong 549-9

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  7. impolyt_one

Looks like this from the outside

[​IMG]

food looks like this (they still give you the same number of side dishes no matter how many people you are, just a rice and a soup for each person)

[​IMG]

If you're ballin and want to stay near COEX, the Park Hyatt has a kind of avant looking bibimbap in the lobby floor cafe.

8. globetrotter

too bad, well thanks for the recomendation, I'll see if I can find it.

Claghorn or anybody else around?

9. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Sorry man, I would love to but I'll be working till 5. Too bad you can't stay longer for the SF dinner later that night.

10. globetrotter

sorry that I will miss you guys, have to get home after a long trip

11. globetrotter

in the end I really didn't do anything aside from work, my flight got in an hour late, so I hit rush hour, it took me till about 10:30 to get to the meeting, grabbed a simple lunch and went back to the airport. maybe nexttime gentlemen

1 person likes this.