1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 - THE SECOND COMING OF FIRE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Nov 5, 2008.

1. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

Just wanted to make the point that just because two prominent members of the forum are having issues with their jeans doesn't necessarily mean that there is a problem with the jean's design. People here have stated that they aren't having any issues, and there isn't much controversy over this on superdenim either.

Do your research before you jump to any conclusions.

2. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

LOL....jeez is blown out of control.

The SEXSC06 is a great denim. The fabric, details, cut, etc. are right on and it is a fabulous design. I appreciate every detail that the designer added. For those who are considering this denim, don't let the idea of crotch blow out change your mind. Crotch blow outs can happen with any denim...even denims that are reinforced. If it does happen, just have it repaired and continue to enjoy the denim!

3. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

I'm not starting to start drama or pick or a fight, and I'm not being passive aggressive. It bothers me that an expensive pair of denim that I bought and sold to people has worse durability than a $20 pair of Levis. The fact that its an issue happening to other people kind of shows that its not some fluke of my pair or how I wear them.

I ended up getting my pair repaired at Denim Doctors and they did a good job. The repair was pretty extensive though and ended up costing $40. Yes, I didn't pay full retail (employee discount), but this is still the most expensive pair of jeans I own. I was excited when I bought these to finally break into the 'super premium' denim market, and I'm just dissapointed at how many fraying and tearing issues I've had.

I don't appreciate being told I don't know what I'm talking about because I work at a 'fashion store' (what does this even mean? last I checked Self Edge sells more than just jeans) and then being told that terrible durability is a 'feature' of the jeans. If it was, there should have been something listed on this website that said "NOTE: DUE TO THE UNIQUE CONSTRUCTION OF THIS JEAN IT MAY NOT LAST AS LONG AS OTHER DENIM". There was nothing.

I sell raw denim by informing the customer that they're buying a product that will last a long time and is of superior construction and durability than your run of the mill mall brand jean. It's crazy that this pair didn't live up to that expectation.

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

Just wanted to make the point that just because two prominent members of the forum are having issues with their jeans doesn't necessarily mean that there is a problem with the jean's design. People here have stated that they aren't having any issues, and there isn't much controversy over this on superdenim either.

Do your research before you jump to any conclusions.

I think xchen and I are some of the few people to really wear the jean hard to this point. Most people seemed to put them away for the winter: I said fuck that and wore them straight through.

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

I don't appreciate...being told that terrible durability is a 'feature' of the jeans.

Like buttons falling off of $200 shirts? [​IMG]

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

Like buttons falling off of $200 shirts? [​IMG]

Yea the button sucks, but you have to admit that its easier to sew a button back on that it is to resew an entire crotch [​IMG]

8. xchen

xchen Senior member

I think xchen and I are some of the few people to really wear the jean hard to this point. Most people seemed to put them away for the winter: I said fuck that and wore them straight through.

[​IMG] I've probably been wearing them harder than most. Mountain biking regularly and doing all sorts of fun shit.

9. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

no doubt you guys wore yours hard, but I'm sure the guys on superdenim have as well and not all of them are having problems.

10. a salaam alaikum

a salaam alaikum Well-Known Member

heres my fit post luke warm soak and after a day of wear thighs feel a little tight, for those who have them about how much do they stretch back out? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] i miss the stiffness though.. . .. .

11. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

I think the thighs look good, you'll get a bit of stretch to make them more comfortable. As you said, they aren't very stiff so having a little extra tightness on the thigh is going to help them stack. It looks like just a tiny bit of hip-flare but mine do the same thing and it isn't very noticeable in person.

12. Racove

Racove Senior member

Unsoaked, these fit just about perfect. After a soak, there will be some pain. Will they stretch back out to this size or should I size up?

13. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 6 months, initial soak, 1 handwash [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Colder weather calls for heavier, more tightly woven denim. Summer can't come soon enough.

14. connor

connor Senior member

love these. i like the lined pockets