1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 - THE SECOND COMING OF FIRE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Teger

Teger Senior member

mine are coming up on their 2nd wash. gonna get them hemmed up to a 32" I think.

2. centrix

centrix Senior member

if i can fit into jeans with a waist of 36inches (could probably fit into a size 34 if i try hard enough), what size should i be aiming for?
    my size 36 imperial kings arent working out for me, and im looking for a replacement thats a lil slimmer but with approx a 9inch leg opening
    any advice?

yes yes im a fatty

3. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

xchen: what kinda belts are you rocking?

4. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

if i can fit into jeans with a waist of 36inches (could probably fit into a size 34 if i try hard enough), what size should i be aiming for?
    my size 36 imperial kings arent working out for me, and im looking for a replacement thats a lil slimmer but with approx a 9inch leg opening
    any advice?

yes yes im a fatty

Get the size 36 in the SEXSC06, once they shrink after the first soak they'll be exactly what you're looking for.

5. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

Any retailers still have these in a 31?

6. inkwell

inkwell Member

7. centrix

centrix Senior member

dammit [​IMG]another store falls

8. xchen

xchen Senior member

Reluctantly gave these their first cold wash today. I've already gotten a rip showing in the crotch on the corner of the reinforcement. Probably going to have it patched here at some point. Will be wearing my Dry Bones until it gets fixed most likely.
    xchen: what kinda belts are you rocking?
    The dark one is my Tanner belt at over a year and a half of wear and the light one with the tassel is my friend's belt. He got it in Taiwan last summer. Don't know the brand or any other details than that but you might be able to find it or something really similar on Rakuten.

9. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

These seem to rip in the crotch really quick and easy.

10. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

There is a kind of beautiful irony in getting a crotch hole right at the corner of the reinforcement.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

its not an irony, its a construction flaw. the edges of the reinforcement aren't rounded, so when they press against the thin outside fabric it wears through

aka shitty design in a $300 jean =/ =/

12. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

I'm not so sold on crotch reinforcement anyhow. Seems like it could just add more stress points. I'd rather have the crotch lined with a softer contrasting fabric, similar to how back pockets are done.

13. kiya

its not an irony, its a construction flaw. the edges of the reinforcement aren't rounded, so when they press against the thin outside fabric it wears through aka shitty design in a $300 jean =/ =/
    Show's how much you know about denim construction, but figures consider you worked at a fashion store. Denim woven this loosely in weave pattern and in this weight (~12oz) will tear in the crotch with daily wear if the jean is worn slim within 3 months, the reinforcement at least doubled the life of the crotch area.

14. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

15. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

^whoa geez

you expected him not to step up for his pet project?

16. Teger

Teger Senior member

How much I know? Yea I guess nobody who I've ever met and asked questions of knew anything about denim. I do know that comparing the crotch reinforcement on this jean to any other jean, the shaping is very different, and when the crotch blew in mine, it was at the exact edges of the reinforcement piece.

The crotch blew out badly after 2 months, and the jeans aren't even that tight. I've worn much lighter weight Rag & Bone denim MUCH tighter with no problems.. many months in.

I guess the expectation of not having to sink another $40 in repairs in a $300+ jean after a few months of wear is crazy.

17. kronik

kronik Senior member

Show's how much you know about denim construction, but figures consider you worked at a fashion store. Denim woven this loosely in weave pattern and in this weight (~12oz) will tear in the crotch with daily wear if the jean is worn slim within 3 months, the reinforcement at least doubled the life of the crotch area.
    And if the jean isn't worn slim and it still blows out, what then? Not to mention, which store are you suggesting is a "fashion store". Is that to say that people who work for/patronize said store know nothing about denim? Particularly if they sell high-end denim, or even denim collab'd by this forum? [​IMG]

18. ktothe

ktothe Member

Show's how much you know about denim construction, but figures consider you worked at a fashion store.
    Denim woven this loosely in weave pattern and in this weight (~12oz) will tear in the crotch with daily wear if the jean is worn slim within 3 months, the reinforcement at least doubled the life of the crotch area.

Yes, he figured out the secret denim formula. Loose weave + 12oz + slim fit = tear in 3 months or less or your money back!

No, just kidding. Its just shitty jean construction.

19. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

Well, this took a turn for the bizarre. I do kinda feel bad for the owners whose crotches are ticking time bombs. If only they'd built it with crotch reinforcement reinforcement...

20. kiya

I do know that comparing the crotch reinforcement on this jean to any other jean, the shaping is very different, and when the crotch blew in mine, it was at the exact edges of the reinforcement piece.
    What other jean has a crotch reinforcement? Also, this jean was a slim version of Sugar Cane's handloomed style jean which they released all over Asia and at Self Edge over a year ago. That jean had NO crotch reinforcement and the silhouette was near a 1947, so therefore far from slim. The crotch on that jean for Japanese customers was blowing out faster than excepted for TOYO, so for the SEXSC06 the denim was reinforced with a secondary piece of denim.