• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

POTEN SPRING COLLECTION OF JAPANESE BASEBALL CAPS​

Poten’s new spring collection is here and some caps are now available in an adjustable style!

This season we see Poten doing two fitted caps in Vintage Hopsack Gray and Hunter Camo and one adjustable cap in Vintage Hopsack Green fabric. These hats are crazy nice, nicer than any other straight ahead baseball cap we've ever seen. Every cap style has a super soft and supple inner leather headband which has been lightly treated so it’s not destroyed by sweat.

The caps have zero exterior branding except for the stitches which you can see from the top of the crown from the interior branding tags being sewn into the center of the crown. The cap has a medium height crown and the brim has a medium length to it with 19 concentric stitches which feel and look pretty cool in person. If you're into baseball caps, you'll love what Poten is doing.

Shop Poten Online: https://www.selfedge.com/poten
Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Vintage_Hopsack_Gray-1-680x1025.jpg

Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Vintage_Hopsack_Gray-7-265x400.jpg

Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Hunter_Camo-1-680x1025.jpg

Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Hunter_Camo-8-265x400.jpg

Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Adjustable_Vintage_Hopsack_Green-1-680x1025.jpg

Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Adjustable_Vintage_Hopsack_Green-5-265x400.jpg

motojobobo

Reaction score
Kiya - I understand Self Edge will soon receive a restock of IH denim in the 633 cut. Could you tell me which fabrics that restock will cover? Thank you.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kiya - I understand Self Edge will soon receive a restock of IH denim in the 633 cut. Could you tell me which fabrics that restock will cover? Thank you.

Iron Heart 633s-14BB - Straight Tapered Black/Black Denim

That's the only 633 arriving in the next 5 to 10 days. We just restocked our online shop with it, and it'll land at all of our stores on Monday.
More models will be releasing in a few weeks, and we'll know closer to when they ship to us from Japan.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Advice needed…

I’m new to really good denim and purchased an Iron Heart denim western shirt that fits well in the shoulders, chest, and length. But seems to have excess material in the area in the back around my armholes. Almost baggy… Does that make sense?

Will the denim conform to my body over time? What will happen if I wash it and throw it in the dryer? Will it shrink a bit?

Thanks. I appreciate any suggestions.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Advice needed…

I’m new to really good denim and purchased an Iron Heart denim western shirt that fits well in the shoulders, chest, and length. But seems to have excess material in the area in the back around my armholes. Almost baggy… Does that make sense?

Will the denim conform to my body over time? What will happen if I wash it and throw it in the dryer? Will it shrink a bit?

Thanks. I appreciate any suggestions.

Each denim reacts differently to being worn, washed, dried, etc.. can you please post or email us a link to our online shop with the exact shirt and we can let you know how it'll stretch or shrink over time?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

3SIXTEEN SPRING COLLECTION - DELIVERY 1​

We've just received 3sixteen's first delivery of the year at all stores. We've got new short and long sleeve shirts, waxed canvas caps and long sleeve thermals in two colors.

Shop 3sixteen Online: https://www.selfedge.com/3sixteen
3sixteen_Safari_Shirt_Drab_Barkcloth-01-680x1025.jpg

3sixteen_Utility_Shirt_Faded_Lilac-01-680x1025.jpg

316_thermal_blk_01-681x1025.jpg

316_thermal_natural_01-680x1025.jpg

3s_Olive_Wax_Cap_1-680x1025.jpg

3s_Black_Wax_Cap_1-680x1025.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

GOOD ART SPRING COLLECTION​

New Good Art!

Your lucky horseshoe ring, stepped way up by the team at Good Art by inserting 8 solid 18k yellow gold "diamonds" into the ring. A very cool twist on a classic design.

We've also received updated 4A Curb Chain necklaces and the Model 22 link available in both necklace and bracelet styles.

Shop Good Art Online: https://www.selfedge.com/good-art
Good_Art_Sterling_Silver_18K_Yellow_Gold_Ds_Horseshoe_Ring-01-680x1025.jpg

Good_Art_4A_Curb_Chain_Necklace_w-Rosette_Clip_2024_Model-1-680x1025.jpg

Good_Art_Model_22_AA_Bracelet-1-680x1025.jpg

Good_Art_Model_22_3A_Necklace-1-680x1025.jpg

Valmak

Reaction score
Ranking and Reviews of 3 hoodies from Self Edge:

Background: Picked up 3 hoodies from the last Black Friday sale at Self Edge. This is my experiene so far...

1. Merz B. Schwanen Heavy Weight Zip Hoodie - Deep Black ($325)
I love this thing. The quality is on the same level as the Iron Heart Ultra-Heavy Hoodie but it fits and looks better. Has a beefy YKK zipper and off-white drawstrings that contrast nicely with the deep black fabric. I picked up a large, my usual size, and it fit well from the start. I was told it would shrink a half size after a wash and air dry so I was worried it would end up being too small but I barely noticed any shrinkage and, if anything, it actually fits better now. The fit is better than the Iron Heart which is a bit on the baggier size. Looks quite a bit dressier than the IH and I would compare its appearance more to a high luxury brand than an under-the radar Japanese brand.

2. Iron Heart Ultra-Heavy Loopwheeled Hoodie - Zip-Up - Gray ($295)
Love this one too and it's a close second. I feel like it's built for different reasons than the Schwanen. It might not look as fancy as the Schwanen but it gets the job done. It's built like a tank yet feels soft as a cloud. One advantage it has over the Merz is that it keeps me noticeably warmer so I tend to favor it on colder days. Also, the baggier fit lets enough air through so I don't get overheated in it on hotter days. The more I wear it the more it starts to conform to my body so it looks better and better over time. It has a beefy zipper like the Merz but it's made by a different brand, Univeral, not YKK.

3. Warehouse Loopwheeled Zippered Hoodie - Navy ($275)
This thing is a piece a junk and I regret buying it. This is a distant third. I purchased it based on its aesthetics and its quite a bit lighter than the other two so I could wear it on warmer days. I noticed the zipper was pretty flimsy before I purchased it but I gave it a chance anyways. It doesn't even stay zipped up all the way to the top. It already feels like it's falling apart after just a couple of wears. I bought a size 42 and it shrunk a full size after a wash and machine dry. Now it is too small to even wear and I have to sell it. My mistake for machine drying but I have to repeatedly wash it because it stains so easily. Washing hasn't removed the stains too. This thing is way overpriced in my opinion. Should be $200 max and probably closer to $150.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

INTRODUCING BONCOURA - THE LONGEST PATH TO COMPLETION​

We are excited to announce a new brand added to the roster of lines we carry at Self Edge, Hisashi Morishima’s Boncoura. Morishima was born and raised in Amerikamura, Osaka, a place known for its abundance of American vintage clothing and imports, all within biking distance from his home. From his early school years, he immersed himself in thrift stores, drawn in by vintage Made-in-USA clothing. Over the years he became obsessed with vintage basics such as jeans, t-shirts, and fleece hoodies. ⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
After working for a major Japanese department store, Morishima thought to start his own business. Although starting a thrift store would have been fitting, considering his collection, he had a different vision. He explained, "I can't modify vintage clothing myself. So, if I want to express myself, I'd rather create it. I've worn plenty of vintage XX, and based on that experience, I decided to make the jeans I wanted to wear. I never once considered it a business; it's purely an extension of my hobby." With this idea, is where Boncoura started.

While Boncoura is an extension of his hobby, it's precisely because of this that he refuses to compromise. Every recipe, from the origin of the cotton to blending ratios, yarn twisting, and the concentration of pure indigo, is entirely original and exclusive to his brand. The attention to detail we’ve seen in his garments isn’t something we’ve seen from many lines over the years and we’re excited to show you what Morishima has been creating.

Shop Boncoura Online: https://www.selfedge.com/boncoura
Boncoura_Japanese_Selvedge_Indigo_Jeans_XX_Classic_Straight_Leg-01-680x1025.jpg

Boncoura_Japanese_Selvedge_Indigo_Jeans_XX_Classic_Straight_Leg-05-265x400.jpg

Boncoura_Japanese_Selvedge_Indigo_Jeans_XX_Classic_Straight_Leg-10-265x400.jpg

Boncoura_Japanese_Selvedge_Indigo_Jeans_66_Straight_Lightly-Tapered_Leg-001-680x1025.jpg

Boncoura_Japanese_Selvedge_Indigo_Jeans_66_Straight_Lightly-Tapered_Leg-07-265x400.jpg

Boncoura_13th_Anniversary_Cotton_Linen_Denim_Type_II_Jacket-01-680x1025.jpg

Boncoura_13th_Anniversary_Cotton_Linen_Denim_Type_II_Jacket-07-265x400.jpg

Boncoura_13th_Anniversary_Cotton_Linen_Denim_Type_II_Jacket-10-265x400.jpg

Boncoura_Heavyweight_Polo_Shirt-01-680x1025.jpg

Boncoura_Heavyweight_Polo_Shirt-02-265x400.jpg

Boncoura_Heavyweight_Polo_Shirt-04-265x400.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
se_records-w_david_marx.square-1000x1000

SELF EDGE RECORDS - W. DAVID MARX

Next up in our Self Edge Records series we have W. David Marx.

W. David Marx, author of “Ametora: How Japan Saved American Style” and “Status and Culture” presents the playlist--Early Japanese Technopop-- a mostly chronological guide that tells the story of how synthesizers took over Japanese alternative music in under a decade.

W. David Marx for Self Edge Records:

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

PURE BLUE JAPAN JEANS!​

Two Pure Blue Japan jeans have landed at our stores this week.

We have the Pure Blue Japan 003 classic straight leg fit in a tasty denim style they've developed to contain just the right about of slub in a nice medium weight 16.5oz unsanforized (but Self Edge-style rinsed) denim and the XX-019 straight tapered jean made of a 14oz denim coming in on the lighter side of PBJ’s weight scale which are finished with custom iron buttons, a deerskin patch, and sturdy cotton twill pocket bags.

Shop Pure Blue Japan Online: https://www.selfedge.com/pure-blue-japan
Pure_Blue_Japan_SLB-003_16.5oz_Slub_Denim_Jean_Straight_Leg_Fit-01-680x1025.jpg

Pure_Blue_Japan_SLB-003_16.5oz_Slub_Denim_Jean_Straight_Leg_Fit-08-265x400.jpg

Pure_Blue_Japan_SLB-003_16.5oz_Slub_Denim_Jean_Straight_Leg_Fit-12-265x400.jpg

Pure_Blue_Japan_XX-019_Indigo_Jeans_14oz_Straight_Tapered_001-680x1025.jpg

Pure_Blue_Japan_XX-019_Indigo_Jeans_14oz_Straight_Tapered_01-265x400.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

SAMURAI SUPER HEAVY WEIGHT JEANS & T-SHIRT 2-PACKS​

We've got some super heavy 25oz and 19oz denim jeans from Samurai this week. Both denim styles have massive character with the 25oz jean coming in a classic straight leg fit and the 19oz coming in a slim tapered fit. We've also received a fresh restock of Samurai's popular t-shirt 2-packs, available now in white, black, and navy.

Shop Samurai Online: https://www.selfedge.com/samurai
Samurai_S510XX25ozGA-25th_Ganryujima_25oz_Denim_Jeans_Straight_Leg-001-680x1025.jpg

Samurai_S510XX25ozGA-25th_Ganryujima_25oz_Denim_Jeans_Straight_Leg-01-265x400.jpg

Samurai_S510XX25ozGA-25th_Ganryujima_25oz_Denim_Jeans_Straight_Leg-10-265x400.jpg

Samurai_S511XX19ozII_Kiwami-19oz_Indigo_Denim_Jean_Slim_Tapered-001-680x1025.jpg

Samurai_S511XX19ozII_Kiwami-19oz_Indigo_Denim_Jean_Slim_Tapered-02-603x400.jpg

Samurai_Blank_T_Shirt_2_Pack_Medium_Weight_White-3-603x400.jpg

Samurai_Blank_T_Shirt_2_Pack_Medium_Weight_White-1-680x1025.jpg

Samurai_Blank_T_Shirt_2_Pack_Medium_Weight_Black-2-603x400.jpg

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score

SAMURAI SUPER HEAVY WEIGHT JEANS & T-SHIRT 2-PACKS​

We've got some super heavy 25oz and 19oz denim jeans from Samurai this week. Both denim styles have massive character with the 25oz jean coming in a classic straight leg fit and the 19oz coming in a slim tapered fit. We've also received a fresh restock of Samurai's popular t-shirt 2-packs, available now in white, black, and navy.

Shop Samurai Online: https://www.selfedge.com/samurai
Samurai_S510XX25ozGA-25th_Ganryujima_25oz_Denim_Jeans_Straight_Leg-001-680x1025.jpg

Samurai_S510XX25ozGA-25th_Ganryujima_25oz_Denim_Jeans_Straight_Leg-01-265x400.jpg

Samurai_S510XX25ozGA-25th_Ganryujima_25oz_Denim_Jeans_Straight_Leg-10-265x400.jpg

Samurai_S511XX19ozII_Kiwami-19oz_Indigo_Denim_Jean_Slim_Tapered-001-680x1025.jpg

Samurai_S511XX19ozII_Kiwami-19oz_Indigo_Denim_Jean_Slim_Tapered-02-603x400.jpg

Samurai_Blank_T_Shirt_2_Pack_Medium_Weight_White-3-603x400.jpg

Samurai_Blank_T_Shirt_2_Pack_Medium_Weight_White-1-680x1025.jpg

Samurai_Blank_T_Shirt_2_Pack_Medium_Weight_Black-2-603x400.jpg
I have these jeans. All I can say is INCREDIBLE! The details are amazing, not even mentioning the fabric.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads