• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I wore Parfumerie Generale Iris Oriental - one of the most cozy iris fragrances I've ever smelled, kind of in the same mood as Chanel Bois des Isles.

papillo

Reaction score
Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules today. A really interesting fragrance, I smell what I believe to be the ambroxan but I am not sure, it is a bit of a floral but white musk kind of thing. Not too musky/amber to be overly masculine but not too white/floral to be too feminine. A slightly bright fragrance that I think could be used in summer or winter, and seeing as its brisk and cold but sunny outside where I am it is perfect.
have you tried molecule 01?

SOTD: Zara Rich Warm Addictive

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have you tried molecule 01?

SOTD: Zara Rich Warm Addictive
I haven't tried any of the Molecules, I have only tried Escentric 01 and 02, I prefer 01 for sure but they are both really nice.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Layrite Bay Rum aftershave, since I shaved today for the first time in ages. It's a nice scent, but it disappears after a few hours.

papillo

Reaction score
I haven't tried any of the Molecules, I have only tried Escentric 01 and 02, I prefer 01 for sure but they are both really nice.

I have to try the Escentric ones. The molecule 01 is pretty good too on its own or as a booster to other fragrances you are wearing.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to try the Escentric ones. The molecule 01 is pretty good too on its own or as a booster to other fragrances you are wearing.
They are really cool but I do know that some people get no scent from them at all. I have to try all of them but so far I am really impressed.

Also Tom Ford Tobacco Oud today.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wore TF Oud Fleur yesterday. I got a lot more of the oud vibe out of it now after smelling it for years. That being said I still find it rather poopy / old lady like.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore TF Oud Fleur yesterday. I got a lot more of the oud vibe out of it now after smelling it for years. That being said I still find it rather poopy / old lady like.
I haven't smelled that personally but I have heard similar things from it so chances are I wont be trying it any time soon for myself.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Oud Fleur a lot. I recently ran out of my decant and will probably get another. I don't think I've ever picked up an old lady vibe from it, but I will pay attention for that the next time I wear it. To me, the oud is definitely in the forefront--it's a chewy, somewhat barnyard oud that always reminds me a bit of Memo Luxor Oud. But there's also a very pleasant tanginess from the floral elements.

Today I'm wearing Diptyque Rose de Mai. It's a very bright, happy, feminine rose.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today it's a new one for me (sample), Montale - Greyland. Which I recall one of you talking about a few times way back when. This is reminding me of a CdG type of scent. I'm getting a light waxy incense here. Unless I'm missing something, this is pleasant but there's really just not a whole lot going on... It's a burnt smokey charred wood. Reminds me of something between CdG 2 man and Avignon. Not bad, but nothing I'm excited much about either.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulled out an old sample of MFK APOM Pour Homme & am enjoying it immensely. I know Lumiere Noire has been reformulated--does anyone know the current status of APOM?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I am wearing Amouage Interlude Man.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today it's EdT Old Spice! Felt like my dad ha.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I am wearing Bruno Fazzolari's Au Dela Narcisse des Montagnes.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur