• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
ELDO Fat Electrician
How did you like it? Went with LeLabo Vetiver 46 today. Probably my favorite vetiver, right in front of Fat Electrician, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Baron got me excited to wear FM Noir Epices. Much fruitier than I remember. Not bad at all in the heat.

I got a decant on this from Rambo and raved about it to him in a PM. The funny thing is that I had this a few years ago and didn't really like it at all. At the time it reminded me of one of the potpourri/spice jar scents that are too sharp with too little development. I don't really know how I could have thought that as now I'm addicted. The orange is big and sweet, a perfect balance to the clove and pepper. And it ripens throughout the day, getting softer and maybe a bit floral? I've been wearing it almost every day for the past week.

tps16

Reaction score
Really hot today, so decided to give Millesime Imperiale another shot. Still find it tiresome.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I got a decant on this from Rambo and raved about it to him in a PM. The funny thing is that I had this a few years ago and didn't really like it at all. At the time it reminded me of one of the potpourri/spice jar scents that are too sharp with too little development. I don't really know how I could have thought that as now I'm addicted. The orange is big and sweet, a perfect balance to the clove and pepper. And it ripens throughout the day, getting softer and maybe a bit floral? I've been wearing it almost every day for the past week.
I realized today that the last time I tried it out was in 40 degree weather. It seems to be tailor made for the heat so that might have lead to my less than enthusiastic reaction.

Reaction score
terre d'hermes and i'm sticking to this until i finish the bottle.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron

I realized today that the last time I tried it out was in 40 degree weather. It seems to be tailor made for the heat so that might have lead to my less than enthusiastic reaction.

I'm going to have to give it a shot again, because my initial impression was much like Baron's.

Today: Etro Shaal Nur.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fahrenheit Absolute today. Not posted here in a while
smile.gif

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Went with LeLabo Vetiver 46 today. Probably my favorite vetiver, right in front of Fat Electrician, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

I really like this one, too. A nice smoky vetiver. I'm almost done with my sample size vial.

I tried the Musc Ravageur today. Really don't like the initial floral "paper white" note. Uggh. But the dryback is nice. Kinda sweet with a little vanilla, but not too much. The foral seems to go away, too.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
am i the only one who gets severely less projection in summer heat?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
am i the only one who gets severely less projection in summer heat?
Depends on the scent. If you wore a gourmand out in the 90 degree heat you'd be projecting more than a billboard.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lipstick Rose today.

Reaction score
versace man eau fraiche. there's something in this similar to kenzo power. like the sweet synthetic-ness of it. i got it mostly to match my bathroom tiles LOL! guess i'll just leave it there for guests.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Cartier Declaration.

My Barney's SA called me yesterday and Nasomatto just shipped Black Afgani and Duro for the first time in 8 or 9 months. It will go quickly so if your interested, grab one. I am getting Duro. Black Afgani is just too strong for my taste, but it is the longest lasting scent I have ever tried. Detectable for days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads