• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

shoewarma

Reaction score
Recommendations on where to sell? I've decided I'm tired of Aventus after always having a bottle around over the last 10 years, so I want to sell the 75% full bottle I have. Suggestions besides ebay?
You could try selling on local Facebook groups dedicated to fragrance trades and sales.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My favorite place is decantboutique.com for the prices and selection.

Today is Christian Dior Dior Homme Intense.

375x500.13016.jpg
How does this compare to the regular version? I wandered into a Sephora to spray the original (only version they had) to see what the hubub is about and I was less than impressed.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
How does this compare to the regular version? I wandered into a Sephora to spray the original (only version they had) to see what the hubub is about and I was less than impressed.
What do you mean "the original"? The Dior Homme on counters right now is not actually the original Dior Homme. That one is now only sold in France (or perhaps the EU), and it is now known as Dior Homme Original. The fragrance labeled Dior Homme on counters now in the US is a completely new fragrance with the same name as the old Dior Homme.

The Dior Homme on counters now is super boring and has very little in common with the original in terms of scent.

The old Dior Homme is great, as are just about all of its flankers (Dior Homme Intense, Dior Homme Parfum, the multiple versions of Dior Homme Sport, Dior Homme Eau). My favorite is probably Dior Homme Parfum. I find it very bold and impressive for a fragrance in a designer's main line; it compares quite favorably with many fragrances that are much more expensive. It's not an easy, daily wear, though, like the original, which is an eau de toilette. It's more of an evening fragrance. Dior Homme Intense is a good one for when you want something a bit more than the original, but aren't prepared for the boldness and darkness of the Parfum. Basically, it's a happy medium. Like Dior Homme Parfum, Dior Homme Intense compares really well with fragrances that are much more expensive, such as the one I'm wearing today.

Also, you won't find Dior Homme Intense or Dior Homme Parfum on counters in the US, as they aren't officially marketed in the US. You can often find them at duty free stores in airports, though. I got my Dior Homme Parfum at LaGuardia.

Today is Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur.

375x500.1801.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What do you mean "the original"? The Dior Homme on counters right now is not actually the original Dior Homme. That one is now only sold in France (or perhaps the EU), and it is now known as Dior Homme Original. The fragrance labeled Dior Homme on counters now in the US is a completely new fragrance with the same name as the old Dior Homme.

The Dior Homme on counters now is super boring and has very little in common with the original in terms of scent.

The old Dior Homme is great, as are just about all of its flankers (Dior Homme Intense, Dior Homme Parfum, the multiple versions of Dior Homme Sport, Dior Homme Eau). My favorite is probably Dior Homme Parfum. I find it very bold and impressive for a fragrance in a designer's main line; it compares quite favorably with many fragrances that are much more expensive. It's not an easy, daily wear, though, like the original, which is an eau de toilette. It's more of an evening fragrance. Dior Homme Intense is a good one for when you want something a bit more than the original, but aren't prepared for the boldness and darkness of the Parfum. Basically, it's a happy medium. Like Dior Homme Parfum, Dior Homme Intense compares really well with fragrances that are much more expensive, such as the one I'm wearing today.

Also, you won't find Dior Homme Intense or Dior Homme Parfum on counters in the US, as they aren't officially marketed in the US. You can often find them at duty free stores in airports, though. I got my Dior Homme Parfum at LaGuardia.

Today is Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur.

375x500.1801.jpg
By “original” I mean not a flanker, just labeled “Dior Homme”. People go nuts over the OG, but in my experience 99.9% of the time it’s overblown. But yeah whatever “Dior Homme” is now is forgettable and jus smells like basic designer garbage.

karmaguy

Reaction score
Tried the newest Malle scent “uncut gem” and it’s easily the worst Malle scent I’ve tried (and I think I’ve tried 90% of them?). I mostly get a clean, citrus-y scent that leans harsh and metallic. No amber notes, no musk-y notes in my opinion.

Also tried indigo smoke by arquiste and it was wonderful. I’m not a big tea guy so I can’t speak to how much it smells like lapsang but it is an incense-y, smoke-y smell with some light medicinal notes. It doesn’t feel overpowering or stuffy at all, feels like something you could wear around on the daily in fall/winter and maybe some brisk spring days too

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Tried the newest Malle scent “uncut gem” and it’s easily the worst Malle scent I’ve tried (and I think I’ve tried 90% of them?). I mostly get a clean, citrus-y scent that leans harsh and metallic. No amber notes, no musk-y notes in my opinion.
Really? I don't think it's worse than Outrageous!, and I'd rather wear it than Cologne Bigarade or some others in the line. I think it's just a simpler version of French Lover.

Today is Christian Dior Dior Homme Intense (which is definitely better than some of those Malles, though Malle is one of my favorite lines).

375x500.13016.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's pick - Penhaligon's Racquets . . .

karmaguy

Reaction score
Really? I don't think it's worse than Outrageous!, and I'd rather wear it than Cologne Bigarade or some others in the line. I think it's just a simpler version of French Lover.

Today is Christian Dior Dior Homme Intense (which is definitely better than some of those Malles, though Malle is one of my favorite lines).

hmmm yeah it's probably as bad as outrageous but i definitely enjoy cologne b more.

mostly I am very confused that malle site describes it as "[a] scent that plays with the tired codes of masculinity while extracting their telluric force to create something beautiful and irresistible" when it smells incredibly boring and safe. Maybe if you had to buy a malle scent for a guy to wear to the office that isn't really interested in scents and you had a lot of disposable income?

trying synthetic jungle tomorrow..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads