Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Yea, both of those have an old-school kind of feel to me. I like them, but can't imagine wearing them that often.

Today: Hermes Un Jardin Su Le Nil again. Kind of the opposite of those two FM scents in that it's super easy to wear. Green, watery, mango-y. Not super generic, but also not very challenging. Just nice for hot days.

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I wore Tom of Finland last night. That's definitely a two-spray maximum fragrance.

Today I'm wearing vintage Chanel Pour Monsieur - the first "high class" fragrance I ever bought back in 1989. This is a pristine bottle I bought off of eBay, and I'm so happy to have it when it's compared to the current formulation. The oakmoss makes this and it falls apart with its absence.

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Ended up going for Encre Noire. Quite like it.

Should be perfect for summer, I think. We'll see in a few months, anyway.

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Two more off-season scents, which I kind of regret.

Masque Milano Romanzo: Maybe this is more enjoyable in the fall and spring, but it felt gross yesterday. Opens with a bright, green jasmine and vetiver accord, which was manageable enough, but there's a stinky, anamalic, civet note throughout the life of the fragrance, which I'm not really into these days (maybe I will be come fall). After about thirty minutes, the bright green opening transitions into something that feels deeper and warmer. I get cedar, violet leaves, amber, vetiver, orange blossoms, and absinth. A bit like dried potpourri at times. Just feels a bit too "sticky" and sweet on a really warm day.

Baruti Im Winter: Prob should save fragrances called "Im Winter" for winter. Really heavy and powerful. Opening is minty and inky. A touch dusty without being powdery. There's a bit of lavender and rose here, but it feels so overpowered by the ink and mint. Also hints of coffee, dried fruits (plum?), and roasted coffee. and A bit like Scotch whiskey at times, but without the smoked peat. The brightness of that ink and mint often feels at odds with the warm qualities of the scent. Will revisit in the winter; maybe this is just the wrong season to try this out.