1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

This was my other option for today. My bottles of Habit Rouge and Aventus were right next to each other.

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I think you have to be a certain age to "get" GIT. At least that's the way it was for me. I thought it was boring in my late 20s and early 30s. Then I connected with it a year or so ago and never want to be without it in my fragrance wardrobe. If I could only wear two scents for the rest of my life, I would choose GIT and Italian Cypress.

Today I'm wearing Tabacco Toscano.

3. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Trust me, I'm of that age. I understand it. I just don't find it to be compelling or engaging.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I am wearing Tobacco Vanille today. I was running late and then I left my home without having applied a SOTD. At that point I had a decision to make. Yes I went back into my condo and applied my TV.

5. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Been away over the long weekend here, travelling in some pretty hot weather, and continuing with the working bee up at the orchard.

Satruday: L'Etrog Acqua. This seems to have bad rep, but I quite like its full-on citrus opening, especially on hot days.

On Saturday I found one of those Penhaligon's travel sets on sale, so I spent the rest of the weekend in Penhaligon's.

Sunday: Quercus. Not tried this one before; probably not that great; I doubt I'll go full bottle, even though I can get it 20% off.
    Monday: Blenheim Bouquet. I have a sample of this and have worn it quite a few times. My wife doesn't like this, finding it too strong, but I'm starting to warm to its lemon pepper scent.
    Tuesday: Orange Blossom. The sampler has male and female scents, so I thought I'd give this a spin. I don't find this too girly at all, and it still has detectable orange on my wrist 12 hours after daubing it on. Certainly wear this one again.

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I'm wearing Jubilation XXV.

2 people like this.
  7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Today I'm wearing Slumberhouse Kiste. This is a darling in the fragrance community, but way too sweet for my tastes. It smells like something you would find at Yankee Candle.

8. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

I am one day behind @HORNS so I am wearing Habit Rouge today. Maybe tomorrow will be Jubilation XXV.

1 person likes this.
  9. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Disgusting.

10. L'Incandescent

Une Fleur de Chanel. I purchased a bottle of this blind because, as happens to me sometimes, I got obsessed with this rare, discontinued scent. (I believe it was on the market for only a year. That's very strange.) Unfortunately, it's just okay. It's a sharp green (at the top) white floral. It definitely gets better as it dries down, but at no point do I love it.

11. California Dreamer

YSL Jazz. Of all my FBs, this is the closest to empty. I'm determined to finish it before I die, so I can claim to have finished at least one bottle in my collection.

12. backtaro

backtaro Senior member

Jo Malone Blue Avaga & Cacao, enjoy the cacao and floral top note but the sweet base note really killed it for me. Luckily it was just sampling.

13. L'Incandescent

I wore ELDO The Afternoon of a Faun today. This has been one of my favorites since the first time I tried it.

14. California Dreamer

Allure Homme Sport. Another FB that is getting close to the bottom; I should definitely wear this more often in the heat. I don't go hugely for marine scents, but I find this one quite OK, with it's citrus notes. With Lanvin Sport, this is about the only "Sport" flanker that I wear on any regular basis.

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I'm wearing Oud Palao.

1 person likes this.
  16. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Guerlain L'heure Bleue today.

1 person likes this.
  17. L'Incandescent

^^ Wow, old-school elegance.

I'm wearing Moon Aoud today.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  18. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

That's what they call me.

19. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I've been considering a bottle of L'Heure Bleue for a long time now. It is really a somber scent.

20. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Funny--I pulled an old decant from the box to wear today & have been thinking all day that I need a full bottle.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016