1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I wore Tauer L'ADDM yesterday. I have a decant with a roll on applicator, and I always have the same experience with this one - I basically dab the applicator onto my chest one time - just a single dab, not even a roll - and I'm completely infused with the scent all day, and the next day too, until I shower. Powerful stuff.

2. Igor01

Igor01 Active Member

LDDM is powerful and unique scent indeed. Works best in warmer weather in my opinion, so I can't wear it now up here in the Great White North :)

3. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

I've grown to really appreciate L'Air du Desert Marocain - it's a prime example of the use of Ambrox in a fragrance to disentangle the heavy resins, woods, and amber that makes up this fragrance.

Today I'm wearing Chanel No.19 parfum.

1 person likes this.
  4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I'm wearing Moss Breches today. This didn't last long before it got discontinued, but I like it a lot.

5. sjmin209

sjmin209 Well-Known Member

Parfums Retro Grand Cuir today

6. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

Eau d'Hadrien today, the male version (i.e. it comes in a rectangular bottle instead of a fluted, curved bottle - no other difference). This opened with a smell that I didn't like, reminiscent of immortelle. That's not in the notes so I might be mistaken; it soon settles into a mild inoffensive citrusy number that really shouldn't be getting airplay ahead of some of my better options in that space

7. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Today I'm wearing Masque Milano's Russian Tea. This, to me, is strictly a cold weather scent, with birch tar (think Patchouli 24) being prominent throughout.

8. L'Incandescent

I wore TF Sahara Noir today. It's a pleasant resiny frankincense scent. I've heard it's been discontinued, and it that's true I wouldn't be entirely surprised. The opening is definitely somewhat dirty.

1 person likes this.
  9. jcman311

jcman311 Well-Known Member

The good ones always get discontinued.

Im wearing TF Oud oud today because it made quite the impression on me the last time.

10. L'Incandescent

Speaking of TF, has anyone tried the new Soleil Blanc yet? Seems a bit odd to release it in the middle of winter. But nonetheless I will certainly give it a try at some point.

11. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Nope, but I just got through reading about on Kafkaesque an hour before. Doesn't sound my style at all.

12. L'Incandescent

No, I don't think it would be your style at all! I'm not entirely sure it's my style either, TBH, but TF is one of those houses whose new releases I will always try.

13. California Dreamer

14. Igor01

Igor01 Active Member

Creed Royal Mayfair for me today. To my nose, it's the best of the very few rose-centric scents any man can comfortably pull off.

15. jcman311

jcman311 Well-Known Member

Creed Spice and Wood today. It came highly recommended but to me its just eh. Not bad by any means, just not really my liking.

16. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I wore Dior Leather Oud yesterday. I bought a largish decant of this a few years ago, and immediately regretted it. I was expecting something very raw and animalistic in the vein of Montale Oud Cuir Arabie, but instead this struck me as more sweet, powdery, brassy. Something about the balance of notes rubbed me the wrong way, I had to wash it off almost immediately. After a few more cautious and failed approaches, I just put it away. I dug it out yesterday and decided to approach it anew, with a fresh perspective. I actually enjoyed it. I still don't love it, but I was able to appreciate it on it's own terms. And it does have that raw, animalistic side - it's just more refined that some of the real beasts out here, like the Montale, or Lonestar Memories. There's a civilized facade above the raw notes. I'm going to wear this a few more days this week and get to know it a little better.

2 people like this.
  17. L'Incandescent

TF Arabian Wood today. Anyone who doesn't like this has got errors in their Odor Processing Mechanism. It is a fact of science.

18. sjmin209

sjmin209 Well-Known Member

Tilda Swinton. Like this.

1 person likes this.
  19. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

I've got one of those cool miniatures of Leather Oud and revisit it from time to time as well. You're right about it being sweet. To me, it's sickly-sweet, deathlike, and cloyingly rotten from the overdose of civet.

20. California Dreamer

CB Where We Are There Is No Here. This is a highly synthetic concoction. I suppose it's OK as a scent, but it doesn't go the distance on me.