1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

PSA: Some of you might really be interested in this. Andy Tauer has a brand new scent, called Lonesome Rider, that is meant as a celebration of his ten years in business. It is supposed to be in the ballpark of Orris (a limited edition from quite a while ago) and Lonestar Memories. The pre-sale price is very, very low for a Tauer.

https://lonesomeriderdotwebsite.wordpress.com

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Wow, nice find! I'm so tempted and probably will regret not getting it.

3. L'Incandescent

You were the first person I thought of.

EDIT: Speaking of harsh leather scents, I'm wearing Vierges et Toreros as my SOTE. It's a white floral blended with some aggressive animalic and leathery notes.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  4. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Heeley Cuir Plein Fleurs today. Blind buy at last week's sale. My this is noice. It's clearly a leather frag from the outset, but not intrusive at all. Not is it the girly floral its name suggests. Lasts well - 14 hours+ - and retains some of the leather all the way, with some ozonic element late in the day.

5. backtaro

backtaro Senior member

Vintage Amouage Interlude. Weather is not cold enough for this monster, still.

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I had to wear Lonestar Memories today.

7. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Geranium pour Monsieur

8. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Lorenzo VIlloresi Piper Nigrum today.

9. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Epic Woman. These Amouage scents have a way of growing on me. For both Lyrics and this one, my first reaction was either negative or unsure. But then I came to enjoy all of them more and more with repeated wearings. Today I liked Epic Woman more than any other time I've worn it.

SOTD: True Lust Rayon Violet de Ses Yeux. Among my very favorites.

1 person likes this.
  10. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Tonight I'm wearing Cuir de Lancome, I discontinued yet still easily attainable leather. It's strangely transparent; it is best described by me as a fragrance that could have been created by JC Ellena.

11. L'Incandescent

Jasmin et Cigarette. This was the standout of the original ELDO lineup, but it's been overshadowed by subsequent releases. It's really an excellent fragrance whose name pretty much says what it is.

12. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: YSL Y parfum. One of the best old-school chypres.
    SOTD: Stilettos on Lex by Jul et Mad. This was love at first smell for me, and it's still one of my favorites.

13. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

We are back into the warm weather again. Friday I wore Mona di Orio Tubereuse. I always approach tubereuse somewhat gingerly; it so easily becomes all lush and girly. This one doesn't; it has a green edge to it that keeps it civilised. I wore it to work and, after a few more dabs, out to dinner. It's versatile, lasts well, good for summer, very happy with this one.

Less so today, with Olfactive Studios Still Life. Nice citrusy opening, but this disappeared oh-so-quickly. If you're going to design a citrusy fragrance, you need to design one that will last the distance in the heat.

14. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

All of the Olfactive Studios disappear quickly on me.

Have you ever tried Serge Lutens' Tubereuse Criminelle? It's such a fantastic tuberose fragrance and really the only one I have ever liked.

Today I'm wearing Gucci Pour Homme, Tom Ford era.
    Yesterday I wore Silver Mountain Water - this one lasts a good 18 hours on me.

15. L'Incandescent

I'm going a bit old school today with Bel Ami.

16. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

What kind of bottle do you own, or is it a sample or decant?

Oh, and I ordered the Lonesome Rider from Andy Tauer - it was too good of an opportunity to pass up, and I love orris and leather.

1 person likes this.
  17. L'Incandescent

I am not an expert on the history of their bottles, but I'm fairly sure it's the second of their four different bottle designs. So it is not the vintage, which came in the "shaker" bottle.

[​IMG]

18. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

That's the second before the last iteration, and it follows the shaker bottle. How do you like it? I love Bel Ami, which I bought an unused tester shaker bottle for my dad one year and ultimately found another for a great price, but the one you have is literally perfect as well.

19. Baron

Baron Senior member

I had the shaker bottle years ago and I sold it. I always found Bel Ami to be too strong for me, though I'd have probably warmed up to it by now.

I wore Borneo 1834 last night, I'm still enjoying it this morning before my shower.

20. Igor01

Igor01 Active Member

After a long while wearing a vintage Mysore sandalwood oil from 1973. This oil must have the most insane beta-santalol content, it's so silky-buttery sweet all the other Mysore sandalwood oils I've tried smell sternly woody and almost harsh in comparison. Too bad I didn't get more of this oil back when I still had the chance.

1 person likes this.