1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Today is Vetiver Fatal. This one is not your usual vetiver; to me it warmer, sweeter and woodier than a typical spring vetiver. It's not a bad fragrance at all, and it lasts well, but it's not really what I was reaching in today's stinking hot, windy weather.

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today, I'm wearing Dior Homme EdT.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I'm wearing Lyric Man today. It is made by Amouage.

1 person likes this.
  4. California Dreamer

Italian Cypress. This is a great spring scent, and I especially enjoy the woody opening. It lasts pretty well, but it gets very close to the skin on me pretty quick. Probably a little short-sighted to be discontinuing this, but I guess it will come back one day.

5. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Neroli portofino. This is good on a cool fall day (as I am sure good for a spring day as well). Its nice. Probably fbw.

1 person likes this.
  6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today, I'm wearing Rien, which is a very well constructed fragrance. It leathery, dirty (with lots of civet, but I sense castoreum as well) and powdery iris. It hearkens back to the classic dirty perfumes like Cabochard and Cuir de Russie.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

MFK Pluriel Feminin for me today. This is in the ballpark of Jour d'Herm├Ęs, but I actually prefer this one.

8. California Dreamer

First of all, is everybody there? Just checking that the End Times did not arrive in the USA as the prophecy foretold.

CB I Hate Perfume Where We Are There Is No Here today. (I'm exhausted just writing that). This is one of those ISO creations that seem to be all the go now that the EU has banned every real scent in sight. It opens with jasmine and dries down to a sweetish woody scent. Lasts OK, but not phenomenal longevity, and it's not that interesting in the dry-down anyway. I have a bottle of this one that I got in a collector's garage sale; not a purchase that I regret, but I wouldn't seek it out.

9. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

What prophecy? Why didnt I hear about this?

I am on a Tom Ford kick lately. Bois Marocain today (and probably my all time favorite until my amber absolute arrives)

10. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today, I am wearing Dia Man.

11. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Malle angeliques sous la pluie. I wonder if this had been reformulated. I had a sample of this when it was first released and I remember it being so subtle - it barely lasted half a day. Now I get a much stronger black pepper component and it seems to have much more longevity.

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I'm wearing Frederic Malle today as well -- Vetiver Extraordinaire.

Does anyone have experience buying from the Essenza Nobile website? Prices for Malle are much lower than they are at Barney's or the Malle website/boutique, but shipping is from Germany, so I would imagine purchases would take awhile to get to you.

13. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

It takes a few weeks, but I've had great experiences with EN.

14. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Cdg Sugi. Didn't last more than a couple hours, and it reminded me of something -- an herbal liqueur maybe? -- that I can't put my finger on. Whatever it is, not appealing.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  15. California Dreamer

This one.

16. California Dreamer

Seville a l'Aube today. This is one of my favourites, and one of the first niche fragances that I went FB on. It's orangey and mildly sweet, which means it can be worn year-round. On me it has really good project; I'm still able to smell it easily 13 hours later without having to sniff at my wrists.

17. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Those happen so frequently now no one pays attention anymore.

Todays sotd is Amouage Memoir Man. I think I need a full bottle of this. I got a whiff of cocoa at first spray this am and it surprised me a bit. Good stuff.

18. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Good to know. The price difference subtracting VAT is ridiculous. I can buy a 100 mL Malle from EN for less than the price of the same scent in a 50 mL size from Barney's or the Malle boutique.

SOTD is Oud Wood. Like, but don't love, this scent (yet).

19. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today I wore CdG Harissa - such an interesting fragrance. Modern and juicy. A more accurate name would be Gazpacho. It always brings back good memories when I wear it because I bought it at the Comme des Garcons store in Tokyo and wore it during a trip there; it fit perfectly with the hyper-modernity of Tokyo.

20. California Dreamer

By Kilian Good Girl Gone Bad. This is the last sort of thing I'd exepct to like; a feminine white floral. Despite that, I find myself liking it a lot. It's not too invasive nor girly, and it lasts for many hours. 9 hours so far and it still hasn't reached the dry-down.