• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Maquis

Reaction score
Today: Aedes de Venustas Signature Eau de Parfum.

I haven't really worn this since I got in on a split when it first came out, and I'm noticing a lot more incense (and what seems like cedar wood?) than previously. The super crisp and green rhubarb at the opening gives the incense a clean brightness that one wouldn't normally associate with incenses (at least I wouldn't, but I'm not an incense expert, either...) It's a pretty straight-down-the-line linear fragrance, as well, but in the dry down I'm definitely getting more "weedy" vetiver than I remember. The rhubarb stays in there pretty much throughout, though.

I was in AdV before the launch and Karl brought out one of the latest mods they were working on, so I was lucky enough to spray some on. It was an incredibly bright and tart rhubarb, with more lemony citrus and less sweetness and incense than in the final. In any case, it was interesting experiencing a work in progress and then being able to tell what had changed in the final fragrance. Overall I like it, but probably not enough to wear often...

Has anyone else tried this? I'd be interested in hearing your perspectives—

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Annick Goutal - Ambre Fétiche éxtrait

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Talked to the Tom Ford counter rep today. He told me that yhe Sahara launch had been delayed till March/April.

Did you strike him when he said that? I would have.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Did you strike him when he said that? I would have.

I was going to have to in order to beat back his homosexualist advances. Thankfully, I was able to make a graceful exit.

MRMan

Reaction score
Amouage Homage Attar for my own pleasure this cold, wintery day.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: TF Noir
SOTD: ELDO Tilda Swinton Like This

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics