• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Vestrucci New York

JFK_88

Reaction score
Unfortunately I did not. Trousers typically me up 25% of the total cost with the remainder of the cost being the jacket. I found this true with both Sartoria Gallo and Vestrucci.

I would guess anywhere between $3200-3500 depending in the fabric.
Thanks for your information sharing. I just bought a beautiful fabric from fox brothers, a limited edition chestnut brown windowpane on a beautiful tan/camel background from their foxdrop series and was thinking of which tailors with their MTM and or bespoke programs that are affordable could make a great jacket out of that fabric that is in between a tweed (not as coarse) and flannel (not as soft). I was thinking of NMWA's Sartoria Carrara cut, since I like that optically/aesthetically quite a bit (though I never tried it on nor do I know if that would actually look decent) and it seems as if it might work out best for my proportions, but was also thinking of other options like the Neapolitans. But I always wanted to know more about Florentine style, though I don't like Liverano as much, the gorge is too open for me and I concur with Vestrucci's philosophy that a man's private parts should be covered. With a man my size at 191 cm and a 120 kg a jacket that is too short looks like I grew out of it in a sense. Anyhow its good to know that a Florentine master is accessible on the US east coast and I will compare both NMWA and Vestrucci once I can go to New York again and see. Thanks for your conversation here, it was really helpful in answering a lot of my questions!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update*

First fitting for the suit was done in May with a possible second fitting at the end of July.
Any pictures?

I got my suit from Gallo when I went to NYC a couple of weekends ago. It wears pretty comfortable compared to the armor feel of my Huntsman suits or slim Cifonelli suit. I'll probably eventually do another Gallo commission sometime next year.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you try SB shoe while you’re there?

Phongmoua

Reaction score
Did you try SB shoe while you’re there?

Tommaso came to Atlanta for this fitting, but I did commission a bespoke shoe through him as well. He is the owner of both Stefano Bemer and Sartoria Vestrucci.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to swing by SB when I went to NYC. Gallo moved to UES so I only went to Gallo. I know if I did go to SB I probably would've started a suit commission.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads