• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Vestrucci New York

corpseposeur

Reaction score
What do you guys see as the main stylistic differences between Vestrucci and Sartoria Carrara (as offered by NMWA)? I really like my MTM S. Carrara sport coat but am considering Vestrucci for a MTM sport coat order, however not too sure if there is enough of a style difference from the former (which seems to be dialed in terms of fit for me). From photos (on PS and elsewhere) I can tell a certain Florentine flourish with Vestrucci (in that Liverano sense) but I am not sure if it there is enough of a difference from the Carrara cut to warrant a change. Interested in the thoughts of others. TIA

Vestrucci has more structure in the shoulders than Neopolitan styles from NMWA but a very soft canvas. They have recently come out with a more unstructured look as well. I prefer the traditional Florentine look myself as I like a bit of structure in tailoring. It's best to visit in person if you can. I didn't fully appreciate the look until I tried on some jackets first hand. I will say that I was very impressed at the quality to price ratio of the jackets I looked at.

abkain

Reaction score
Vestrucci has more structure in the shoulders than Neopolitan styles from NMWA but a very soft canvas. They have recently come out with a more unstructured look as well. I prefer the traditional Florentine look myself as I like a bit of structure in tailoring. It's best to visit in person if you can. I didn't fully appreciate the look until I tried on some jackets first hand. I will say that I was very impressed at the quality to price ratio of the jackets I looked at.

Thanks for the feedback. I think the Carrara X NMWA cut is actually more of a northern Italian style (albeit maybe a hybrid version) than a straight Neapolitan cut (I believe the Formosa tailoring is Neapolitan though), but regardless it does look like Vestrucci is more structured still. I’ll def try out in person when in NYC next. Good to have options!

Phongmoua

Reaction score
I currently have a bespoke suit in the works. Mr. Tommaso Melano will be fitting me in early May.

To my surprise, a bespoke suit in a fairly wide variety of fabrics started at roughly $4600. Given that the Robb Report was reporting it being almost $7000 and some of their RTW go for $4000 it was quite a surprise.

However, if you follow Permanent style the prices are fairly in line with what he paid if you include VAT.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I currently have a bespoke suit in the works. Mr. Tommaso Melano will be fitting me in early May.

To my surprise, a bespoke suit in a fairly wide variety of fabrics started at roughly $4600. Given that the Robb Report was reporting it being almost $7000 and some of their RTW go for $4000 it was quite a surprise.

However, if you follow Permanent style the prices are fairly in line with what he paid if you include VAT.
I always thought Tommaso lived in Italy. I didn't know he does the measurements in NYC.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that's the case, I might want to give Vestrucci a try. Right now I have Sartoria Gallo suit being made through Eric Jensen in NYC.

Phongmoua

Reaction score
If that's the case, I might want to give Vestrucci a try. Right now I have Sartoria Gallo suit being made through Eric Jensen in NYC.

I'd love to hear more about Sartoria Gallo. I initially was going to have my first bespoke commission go through them but due to them not coming to Atlanta I opted to reach out to Vestrucci.

They had a $8000 minimum for a solo visit so I went ahead and commissioned a pair of shoes as well.

Ideally I would like to have a Roman style suit by Gallo but as of right now very fond of the Florentine style.

Bronze Age Sartorial

Reaction score
I'd love to hear more about Sartoria Gallo. I initially was going to have my first bespoke commission go through them but due to them not coming to Atlanta I opted to reach out to Vestrucci.

They had a $8000 minimum for a solo visit so I went ahead and commissioned a pair of shoes as well.

Ideally I would like to have a Roman style suit by Gallo but as of right now very fond of the Florentine style.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can watch Kirby Allison's youtube videos for Eric Jensen's style. He's a pretty friendly talkative guy but his "sartoria" in NYC kind of sucks because it's a really small workspace.

I started the commission in March 2020 right before C19 so I'm still needing to visit at least one more time to get the suit finished. His prices are similar to Vestrucci starting in the low $4000's for s 2 piece suit.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you mean? You commissioned a pair of shoes from Gallo?

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you happen to inquire about how much sport coats were?

Phongmoua

Reaction score
Unfortunately I did not. Trousers typically me up 25% of the total cost with the remainder of the cost being the jacket. I found this true with both Sartoria Gallo and Vestrucci.

I would guess anywhere between $3200-3500 depending in the fabric.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads