• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samurai lovers

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Samurai JIN 170z

FIT Evo:
JINfinalFIT.jpg

JINfinalFIT2.jpg

2y/o= 12mos effective wear= 5 washes + a final dbl cold wash for final evo shots [*last 2 pix @bottom]

2JINsFB_1.jpg

JINfinalFB3_1.jpg

JIN1anivFB.jpg

HWDCsemiFB.jpg

62CFEB32-C8BE-4A5B-9BDC-D8857B5D6186.jpg

61EDB010-F538-48DC-9496-B71F1782659D.jpg

Last edited:

esheen

Reaction score
I was reading the fit guide for Samuari but I am unclear as to what size to get in the Samuari 512 bootcut-just buy my normal size as I wear in sanforized denim or, size up one/

Thanks guys

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought this would be a good place to share.

These are my old Samurai 710xx 19oz, proxy'd them from Japan so I could have the tab and pocket details, back when Blue in Green was only selling pairs without any pocket details. I wore them for about 2+ years and they went through 2 crotch repairs and I think 2 washes. They still fit pretty good after trying them on today, a little more snug in the thighs as I lift more now. I may touch up the crotch repairs as they are fraying a bit and them put them back in rotation.

esheen

Reaction score
I also just ordered that Samuari bootcut 512 size 31", as I wear a 30" in one washed, I could not get a good answer from Japan-do you know how much the waist will shrink?

jay0514

Reaction score
Just got myself Samurai S710xx
and boy, these are hard to shrink,
I initially soaked them for an hour but felt there was still room to shrink
so did another 1 hour soak and now I'm happy with how they fit,

what do you guys think?

oh and sorry for the horrible quality photos :(

Last edited:

jay0514

Reaction score
really? that is good news,
I'm hoping these will maintain more or less this size,
some people said they will stretch out about an inch of pre-soak size

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really? that is good news,
I'm hoping these will maintain more or less this size,
some people said they will stretch out about an inch of pre-soak size

I think the fit looks great, they may stretch out a bit form where you are now in the waist and thighs but the rest should stay pretty much the same.

Are you planning on washing them regularly? If your are just going to wear them as long as possible without washing don't even worry about more shrinkage, just wear them and enjoy. If you are worried about shrinking when it does come time to wash, just have them dry cleaned but be sure to specify not to press them. Or hand wash them in cold water and hang dry. As long as they don't hit the dryer I doubt they will shrink much more.

jay0514

Reaction score
I guess some stretching was to be expected,
and no I'm not worried about shrinkage, if anything I'm worried a little about the stretch.
I wouldn't a bit more shrinkage,

I'm not sure how I'll go about washing them, I tend to wear raws for as long as I can until they smell or the crotch area starts to get weak

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks
smile.gif

I guess some stretching was to be expected,
and no I'm not worried about shrinkage, if anything I'm worried a little about the stretch.
I wouldn't a bit more shrinkage,

I'm not sure how I'll go about washing them, I tend to wear raws for as long as I can until they smell or the crotch area starts to get weak

I am the same when it comes to my denim too, I go typically at least a year before thinking about washing. Normally I would just hand wash them when the time comes. I did machine wash my 710xx a few times as I wanted to really see the fade contrast kick in. I probably waited almost 2 years before machine washing.

They will only stretch as much as needed, if they are not super tight right now the stretching will be pretty minimal. If they did end up stretching out too much you could periodically hot soak them to get them to shrink back up a bit. I have had success with a few pairs of jeans using that method.

Enjoy the new jeans and in a year or two of moderate wear they will look as great as my pair posted above. I just got the crotch reinforced on my 710xx and will be giving them some more wear on the weekends. The 710xx is a great cut, one of my favs.

Last edited:

jay0514

Reaction score
thanks for your replies,
yeh I think if they get stretched too much ill do what you said,

btw how did you reinforce the crotch area? with jeans I don't see any problems except for the crotch area, did you get them done professionally or by yourself?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks for your replies, 

yeh I think if they get stretched too much ill do what you said,

btw how did you reinforce the crotch area? with jeans I don't see any problems except for the crotch area, did you get them done professionally or by yourself?

More of a repair since they were starting to wear through again in the crotch with a few holes.

Just some denim patches inside the jeans, a local tailor did it for me. Not the ideal but it will do. I have sent a pair of jeans to Denim Therapy years ago and they did a fantastic repair with no patch, I just didn't want to deal with sending them away this time.

Last edited:

sammy

Reaction score
Guys,
I'm seriously considering the S5000BKBs. I have the Samurai 19oz regular straight fit and love them. I prefer a vintage loose dungaree fit (straight leg , no taper and high waist). I also have the MF California Lot 54 and the Flat Head 3005 Straight Classics. Will the S5000BKBs be too slim? Thanks for your help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads