Samurai lovers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sho'nuff, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Senior member

noob question but do all samurai 710s have the same fit and sizing?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  2. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^
    Fit/cut config is constant.
    Sizing depends on the denim used__ eg, VX 17oz, XX 19oz, 24oz, etc.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  3. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Finally got my 710's in the mail. Bought them raw in a size 34, but they did NOT fit larger. Has this happened to anyone? I cold soaked them for 1.5 hours anyway to get the starch out and now they fit like a 32 and some change. I can't button up the top button. Should I still try to stretch them out - wear them around the house as much as I can button them and hopefully break them in? I keep reading different tales of the 710, either stretching out a lot to not really at all.

Edit: they worked out! In case anyone else was in the same predicament as me: at first they didn't button up all the way, so I struggled to get it buttoned as much as I could (the second to last button) and just sat on my couch and watched TV. After a while, I was able to button the top/waist button. It was super tight but now it's a lot better (currently wearing).

Now I'm just worried about this 19oz denim...it's about 75 degrees outside and I started getting uncomfortable =/

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  4. dqm45

dqm45 Active Member

I am interested in getting the S5000VX from Denimio. However, I could use some help in sizing. I have seen some posts here that Samurai shrink to their listed size after a hot soak and stretch out about 1 in after several wears. Is that correct?

My waist is 31 in TTS using the flat method Denimio uses: https://www.denimio.com/sizechart/index/chart/id/127/

Should I get a size 30?

This is my first pair of unsanforized denim so any help would be appreciated!