• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

walds11

Reaction score

papillo

Reaction score
Alright fellas, so I pulled the trigger on a Cafe Racer size 50 YSL (40 US) in very good condition for like half off list price:

https://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product...t-racing-jacket-in-leather_cod40121926nk.html

I’m stoked. It should arrive in about a week.

Label =

UP53 2016 00096
L03Q 362239 Y5YA1 100

I’m pretty sure it’s FW2016. Anyway, it’s the same jacket in the link above.

Nice. Happy for you as I know you have been on the hunt for a racer for a while. Do post fit pics when you get it.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Came across 2 pairs of boots by buttero that actually look really good. Both are on a 3.5cm heel (so that sweet spot between 30 and 40mm)

The first was a very pointy toe, similar to what’s coming out for Celine this season
View attachment 1147955 View attachment 1147956

The second is very similar to the Chelsea’s produced by SLP, with more of a square toe.
View attachment 1147957 View attachment 1147958

If the shoes looks anything like what they are pictured on the website, they are very good alternatives to SLP and Celine.

These aren’t bad but the color and heel height gives them a rather drab look. I still consider the recent Wyatt/Chelsea releases to be inferior to those released during Hedi’s tenure but they’re still better than these Buttero offerings (style-wise, quality-wise I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the Buttero’s are superior). For the price, I’d just wait to snag something from Saint Laurent on sale.

Manderlay

Reaction score
I just picked up a military jacket from FW16, it's such a beautiful piece but the vent behind seems to be poking out. Would anyone know if it can be adjusted by a tailor? It's my first jacket with a vent so I'm kind of oblivious to things like this. I apologize for the bad lighting, took the pictures when the sun was setting :(
IMG_1285.JPG

Here's a picture from the side with the jacket not buttoned up

IMG_1281.jpg

Second picture with the jacket buttoned up.
IMG_1282.jpg

Last edited:

walds11

Reaction score
Agree with the above, I'd go a half size up on the sneakers, as they fit a little snug.
Nordstrom has a flexible return policy. I’m going to wear mine around the house some more. If I feel the need to size up a half size, I may return them and buy 41.5 from SLP or another place.

The 41s are a little too snug in the vamp area, so I’m going to try the 41.5s. My suede Wyatt Chelsea suede boots are size 41. That being said, I’m going to return them and get the Court SL/06 embroidered sneakers in leather (gold embroidered Saint Laurent). I feel like the leather ones are better to have in the long run vs. canvas.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I just picked up a military jacket from FW16, it's such a beautiful piece but the vent behind seems to be poking out. Would anyone know if it can be adjusted by a tailor? It's my first jacket with a vent so I'm kind of oblivious to things like this. I apologize for the bad lighting, took the pictures when the sun was setting :(
Probably best to ask a tailor, but I'm guessing it's because it's too slim on the bottom half so it's gonna be hard to fix that

Anyone who can give me an LC on these?

Thanks in advance
hard to tell because I can't discern that many details, but looks legit to me

Seoul Soul

Reaction score
I suppose there should be owners of the Saint Laurent Paris Teddy jacket around here. I'm considering a purchase.

Some questions:
Do you sweat in it? Since its wool.
How often do you get to wear it?
Is it recognizable? Did anyone comment on it?
Is it holding up? I expect an item costing close to $2000 to last many years of active wear.

kwonster

Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite boot style between chelsea(30mm), Jodhpur, Lukas, or Harness?

I own at least one pair of each, and find myself wearing the Lukas or Chelsea the most lately. Mainly because I'm lazy and they are the easiest to style with anything. Can't go wrong with black leather or suede chelseas or the brown suede Lukas. Recommend waiting for a sale though, can usually get for at least thirty percent off and sometimes more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads