• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

owlsgohoo

Reaction score
5E501CC6-8F7F-456E-B204-BF4A3AEBEE60.jpeg
View attachment 1147377

Me getting pinned re: a navy blazer. The New York boutique was packed for some reason.

Love the blazer and jeans/Dior. We have a similar build.. I wanted to ask opinions on pants/boots. I have never worn boots where the toe is heavily pointed. Makes me a bit leery because it seems like they are straight arrows that make the feet too pronounced. I really like the fit though, just haven’t gotten used to a pointed toe yet. Perhaps I am over analyzing which everyone keeps telling me I am.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pants and boots look great. The boots remind me of what Hedi is doing at Celine (check out the Jacnos). The jacket looks a touch too billowy on you, not to get distracted but somehow that slouchy look seems right.

owlsgohoo

Reaction score
Pants and boots look great. The boots remind me of what Hedi is doing at Celine (check out the Jacnos). The jacket looks a touch too billowy on you, not to get distracted but somehow that slouchy look seems right.

Thanks! Just checked out the Jacnos, definitely reminds me of them liking the look of them a lot, might have to go get a pair. Is the jacket taking away from the bottom half? Will definitely switch out for a slim one then. Was I spot on when I said we were similar build? I’m 5’6 110. I could have bad eyes but to me we look similar.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, ha, the Jacnos are great looking, particularly the boots versions. My favorite item @ Céline now.

You are spot on regarding the height, I wish for the weight, I'm about 15 pounds heavier than you!

HighGround

Reaction score
There’s been some great discussion here lately, and I don’t want to derail it, but I have a sizing question. I’m a 41 in SLP boots, is sneaker sizing normally the same?

Thanks!

KawaiiT

Reaction score
There’s been some great discussion here lately, and I don’t want to derail it, but I have a sizing question. I’m a 41 in SLP boots, is sneaker sizing normally the same?

Thanks!
Depending on the Boots (Suede or Leather) I would go half a size or even a full size up. Just my experience.

walds11

Reaction score
Depending on the Boots (Suede or Leather) I would go half a size or even a full size up. Just my experience.

I have the suede Wyatt Chelsea boots size 41 and went with same size Court SL/06 embroidered white worn canvas/leather sneakers. Length wise they are fine, but a little snug in the instep area on my right foot, which seems to always be a problem area for me. They should expand and loosen up a bit. Nordstrom only sells them in full sizes and glad I didn’t go with size 42.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with the above, I'd go a half size up on the sneakers, as they fit a little snug.

walds11

Reaction score
Agree with the above, I'd go a half size up on the sneakers, as they fit a little snug.

Nordstrom has a flexible return policy. I’m going to wear mine around the house some more. If I feel the need to size up a half size, I may return them and buy 41.5 from SLP or another place.

sean laurent

Reaction score

i am brendas baby boy all grown up...but mods and cops keep hating on me...banning and locking me up...

:brick:

do me a favor and continue to stream rap music
its the most american thing to do

Last edited:

Manderlay

Reaction score
Yes, ha, the Jacnos are great looking, particularly the boots versions. My favorite item @ Céline now.

You are spot on regarding the height, I wish for the weight, I'm about 15 pounds heavier than you!
View attachment 1147757

Love the blazer and jeans/Dior. We have a similar build.. I wanted to ask opinions on pants/boots. I have never worn boots where the toe is heavily pointed. Makes me a bit leery because it seems like they are straight arrows that make the feet too pronounced. I really like the fit though, just haven’t gotten used to a pointed toe yet. Perhaps I am over analyzing which everyone keeps telling me I am.

The pointed toes look good on you! I've been looking into getting a pair of boots with pointed toes, the Camargue's from Celine is so far my favorite, been keeping an eye out for an all leather one.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pointed toes look good on you! I've been looking into getting a pair of boots with pointed toes, the Camargue's from Celine is so far my favorite, been keeping an eye out for an all leather one.
Came across 2 pairs of boots by buttero that actually look really good. Both are on a 3.5cm heel (so that sweet spot between 30 and 40mm)

The first was a very pointy toe, similar to what’s coming out for Celine this season
13800A03-33B2-4694-8F19-0BD20C563E35.png
E7BD628C-738F-424A-B090-8BF79FC5B1DF.png

The second is very similar to the Chelsea’s produced by SLP, with more of a square toe.
9CB31476-67A4-49D5-AD72-02ADC9A6A43D.png
DDA04788-73E7-401F-A6B1-BD68B7992310.png

If the shoes looks anything like what they are pictured on the website, they are very good alternatives to SLP and Celine.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Thanks! Just checked out the Jacnos, definitely reminds me of them liking the look of them a lot, might have to go get a pair. Is the jacket taking away from the bottom half? Will definitely switch out for a slim one then. Was I spot on when I said we were similar build? I’m 5’6 110. I could have bad eyes but to me we look similar.
smol bois gang- I'm only 5'7 and 110 or so

in regards to the fit, I'd say slim the thighs and get a more cropped/fitted jacket. Considering you're basically my size, this will help elongate your proportions

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Buttero quality is probably better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads