• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Bedford sneakers, preferably in the lows? Wondering if I should go TTS, etc.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m currently debating between getting the black suede Dakota’s or Lukas.
Which are you leaning towards? I'm much more inclined to getting the Dakotas (but in black leather), and am probably going to grab a pair soon.

BigRed

Reaction score
Which are you leaning towards? I'm much more inclined to getting the Dakotas (but in black leather), and am probably going to grab a pair soon.

I’ve been leaning towards the Dakota’s because I like that the tip of the toe box is pointed instead of flat on the Lukas toe box (petty I know). However I’ve been considering Lukas now because I have two other Wyatt Chelsea’s so the Lukas would be something different.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been leaning towards the Dakota’s because I like that the tip of the toe box is pointed instead of flat on the Lukas toe box (petty I know). However I’ve been considering Lukas now because I have two other Wyatt Chelsea’s so the Lukas would be something different.
I feel you. My dilemma is that I already have two pairs of black smooth leather boots, and wonder if it's not totally redundant to get the Dakotas in black leather as well (as opposed to black suede). I really like those Dakotas in lizzard, but can't seem to find any in size 45.

BigRed

Reaction score
I feel you. My dilemma is that I already have two pairs of black smooth leather boots, and wonder if it's not totally redundant to get the Dakotas in black leather as well (as opposed to black suede). I really like those Dakotas in lizzard, but can't seem to find any in size 45.

Are you not a fan of the Lukas boots?

walds11

Reaction score
I love my Wyatt Chelsea boots in suede wood color. The rounded (almond) toe and 30mm heel height make these great all-around boots.

BigRed

Reaction score
I love my Wyatt Chelsea boots in suede wood color. The rounded (almond) toe and 30mm heel height make these great all-around boots.

I already have this exact pair of Chelsea’s in the wood color as well as the classic Wyatt Chelsea in the cigaro color. That’s why I want the Dakota’s or the Lukas for the different shape.

walds11

Reaction score
I already have this exact pair of Chelsea’s in the wood color as well as the classic Wyatt Chelsea in the cigaro color. That’s why I want the Dakota’s or the Lukas for the different shape.

Yeah, I got you! I may venture into one of those boots in the future...

greygod

Reaction score
Anyone have an in person pic of these? I don't see any shade of green in these

SLPchelsea.JPG

BigRed

Reaction score
I keep going back and forth with them. I might pick up a pair on sale, but don't like them enough to pay retail.

I agree with you 100% on this...I’d like to try a pair of Lukas but I for sure wouldn’t pay retail for them.

kwonster

Reaction score
Anyone have an in person pic of these? I don't see any shade of green in these

View attachment 1153398
I have these. It's not really green at all, more like a greyish brown. I can dig it out of my closet for a photo later this week if you want. The suede is on the smoother side, if that makes any sense. Not as hairy as the nut suede harness boots or suede lukas boots.

Speaking of which, I don't really like the black suede Lukas because the suede is so hairy. I think it takes away from the sleek profile. The nut/brown suede is hairy too, but I think it is works better than black. I prefer my black suede boots to look more smoother/sleek like the jodhpurs and chelseas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads