• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dakine1

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm currently in the market for a high end shearling coat. How's SLP's quality compared to Brunello and which is the better buy? I figure SLP might be easier to resell if I wanted to?

papillo

Reaction score
I'm definetly considering getting it but I already know my friends will call me a pimp if I do. It looks awesome when styled in the campaign photos. The main jacket I want to get is the plaid shearling coat since I tried it in store and was my favorite item by far from the fall collection

I dont know if this is the one you are referring to, but SSense has it for under $1000. Sizes are limited.

https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/saint-laurent/red-check-shearling-coat/2983388

moddey

Reaction score
B1982F62-1E3F-43BE-995C-0523337FDEC3.jpeg
Old man style haha

Spielberg in an Hedi SLP suede in today’s NYT

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/...ielberg-shoah-foundation-schindlers-list.html

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That plaid shearling looks great, very stand-out piece. It looks super over-sized, so maybe those smaller sizes will work out well for you. Judging from the model pics on SSENSE, the cuffs and arms in particular are spacious.

Good find on the Hedi jacket above. Pretty classic piece and understated.

papillo

Reaction score
What are people’s opinions on spraying suede? I’ve always done it in the past but I’ve heard mixed opinions.

I have applied the Tarrago Nano protector on my boots and it didn't appear to change the color at all. I wear my boots in the rain (i avoid puddles) and they look just fine. I think it is worth it to spray them if you dont want to worry about babying them in the elements.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
What are people’s opinions on spraying suede? I’ve always done it in the past but I’ve heard mixed opinions.

I typically hate them cause I just don't trust them.I've Never had an issue with rain drops brushing out with a horse hair brush. However I did buy this suede protector cause it doesn't have any silicone in it. I sprayed it on my beaters (jodhpurs in new sigaro) and it didn't have any typical negative effects on the suede. I wont use it on my babied boots though. lol

https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-super-invulner-spray.html

Teenage Rot

Reaction score
I typically hate them cause I just don't trust them.I've Never had an issue with rain drops brushing out with a horse hair brush. However I did buy this suede protector cause it doesn't have any silicone in it. I sprayed it on my beaters (jodhpurs in new sigaro) and it didn't have any typical negative effects on the suede. I wont use it on my babied boots though. lol

https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-super-invulner-spray.html

Ok good to know. I’m more worried about it affecting the texture of the nap. They are lukas’ so they will look good beat, but I doubt I’ll wear em in the rain. I’m torn.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a fancy suede spray and never quite wore my boots the same after. There was something off about the texture, I agree, or maybe it was in my mind, but they never seemed quite as free if that makes sense.

youwhat

Reaction score
yeah, the suede is probably treated a little bit anyway

messing about spraying them then putting sole protectors on and all that... :slayer:

Teenage Rot

Reaction score
Anyone know how to size in the Lukas Suede Boots? is sizing the same as the Wyatt harness?

I have a little bit of room in 41.5 leather Wyatts, and 41.5 in suede Lukas fits like a glove. It is a smaller fit so I’d go half size up from Wyatt’s if you aren’t sure. Beat to try them on if you can. They are more narrow.

rvbach

Reaction score
I have a little bit of room in 41.5 leather Wyatts, and 41.5 in suede Lukas fits like a glove. It is a smaller fit so I’d go half size up from Wyatt’s if you aren’t sure. Beat to try them on if you can. They are more narrow.

thanks!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads