• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isolar

Reaction score
I'm about to do my first order with them just for a button up, do you reckon i could get a hanger if i asked them? Do they offer those tote bags that i've seen around? I just want it as a souvenir cause it's tough in Australia

LVR or YSL? Not sure about LVR, but I'd say YSL would be able to arrange that. When I needed a new branded hanger for my overcoat, which I'd purchased several months earlier, they sent me one with DHL Express, along with an extra garment bag and a note. I always try to purchase directly from them, as I feel they have the best service and packaging. Those black boxes are starting to pile up, though.

Diet CCC

Reaction score
Strangely, the blazers are fully canvassed from the PC but the suits are half canvassed. This might partly explain the nonexistent price difference between the two.

That is indeed interesting. If the black corduroy blazer is fully canvassed then it would be unique enough to quality the purchase, the drape on corduroy material suffer significantly if not full-canvassed. You either get one that is done to perfection or get something like what you see in 70s, chunky texture stiff looking sport coat vibe.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Varinder - the jacket looks good on you. SLP skinny jeans are definitely worth the investment. I wouldn't bother with tapering. They're only about $500 (relatively speaking reasonable compared to the 4K jackets!), and the fit is perfect with minimal branding.

Prudy

Reaction score
Nice, @Isolar

Funny, I've been on a 'belt' pickup kick lately as well, got another trois passants + a cracked leather FW15 belt same as you, lol. I agree, the trois passants is a great everyday belt you shouldn't be without.

As for LVR - IME they will not ship any product w/ dustbag (some with a hanger) unless you request it and, even then, they don't ship with the SLP dust bags we all want and get from the boutiques. Even the boutiques won't ship 'casual' jackets like denim jackets w/ dust bags but they will sometimes if you ask/are a frequent customer.

Isolar

Reaction score
Thanks @Prudy!

Yeah, that's true. I suppose it's worth mentioning that I'm a pretty frequent shopper on ysl.com, though it doesn't hurt to ask. Be aware that the support staff is pretty minimal, so it may take a few days to receive a response from them.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I know it's been discussed a **** ton, but does anybody have sizing recommendations for smaller santiags? I'm a size 40 in SS16 harness leather Wyatts and a sz 39.5 in lizards- would a sz 39 santiag fit me? I've heard santiags fit differently depending on what size you are (bigger ones are TTS, smaller ones size down), so I was wondering if anybody here has had experience with smaller sizes.

Thanks!

Varinder Singh

Reaction score
Alright guys, here's my first attempt to tapering my jeans. This is old pair of slim fit jeans I had and did a quick DIY , leg opening is now 15 cm. I think I cut the jeans little too short though.

IMG_7968.JPG

Diet CCC

Reaction score
I know it's been discussed a **** ton, but does anybody have sizing recommendations for smaller santiags? I'm a size 40 in SS16 harness leather Wyatts and a sz 39.5 in lizards- would a sz 39 santiag fit me? I've heard santiags fit differently depending on what size you are (bigger ones are TTS, smaller ones size down), so I was wondering if anybody here has had experience with smaller sizes.

Thanks!

I have handled multiple Santiag boots and you will find each version of Santiag may just fit differently... the sizing on these boots are absolutely ridiculous. Your best bet would be 39.5, you won't be able to down size easily as you do on Wyatts because Santiag has a much narrower toe line.

Maybe you can share which particular version you are after?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, here's my first attempt to tapering my jeans. This is old pair of slim fit jeans I had and did a quick DIY , leg opening is now 15 cm. I think I cut the jeans little too short though.

View attachment 157929

It matters how much of a break you want. I generally don't care for a lot of stacks, and in more dressy fits I like the hem to hit my shoes with minimal break. I think they look really good. If you're feeling self conscious you could always wear them with some low top sneakers. Always a good look in the summer. Great job on the DIY!

kpmurphy

Reaction score
Hey Guys, wanted to post a couple recent pickups. Absolutely love both of them. The Surf Sound leather has an awesome texture and the laceup details are something I wish Hedi would have done more of. And the velvet bomber speaks for itself I guess. Very Hank Williams, which I'm fine with :smile:
2v865nr.jpg
kamdtu.jpg
34e81ev.jpg

2jcdopy.jpg

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I have handled multiple Santiag boots and you will find each version of Santiag may just fit differently... the sizing on these boots are absolutely ridiculous. Your best bet would be 39.5, you won't be able to down size easily as you do on Wyatts because Santiag has a much narrower toe line.

Maybe you can share which particular version you are after?
Yeah, SLP sizing is honestly terrible haha.
I'm looking top cop the SS15 tan suede ones, if that helps.

Diet CCC

Reaction score
Yeah, SLP sizing is honestly terrible haha.
I'm looking top cop the SS15 tan suede ones, if that helps.
Well it is definitely a good choice, own this pair myself and you do not want to down size on this version despite it being suede, would recommend you to get the same size as your Wyatts.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78