• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Guys, I am curious, Whats the difference between Black Wyatt Jodphur Boots and Black leather Hedi Boots in Ssense? Other than the "hedi" word in it. It looks the same to me. Sorry if I can't tell the difference. Would really like to purchase a pair. 

Black Wyatt Jodphur Boots https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/saint-laurent/black-wyatt-jodhpur-boots/1799583

and 

Black Leather Hedi Boots https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/saint-laurent/black-leather-hedi-boots/1659953

and also In Mr porter, the Leather Jodhpur Boots, which boots is it more similar too? The wyatt jodhpurs or Hedi Boots from sense?

(Sorry for the noob questions)

The mr. Porter pair is similar to the Wyatt 30 pair on ssense. Both Hedi 30 and Wyatt 30 are basically the same model...name change is because the brand wanted to phase out Hedi (to be honest they should have never named it Hedi since it is just a lower heel version of the Wyatts).

Wyatt 30 should be the newer production of same model. Perhaps leather may be different but not sure which is better. I'm pretty sure Wyatt 30 pair will come with 2 dust bags though (if it is more recent).

Last edited:

Eugy

Reaction score
I see... Thanks @thorns . Guess I will be getting the Hedi 30 since its slightly cheaper... and the word "Hedi" kinda reassures me. LOL

b19pen15

Reaction score
Anyone know who YSL contracts with to make their made in Italy men's dress shirts?

According to this article, Albini Group, who also produces Prada, Tom Ford, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, and Ermenegildo Zegna dress shirts. Though when I try to find more info on them making Saint Laurent shirts I only find other people referencing that article.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

According to this article, Albini Group, who also produces Prada, Tom Ford, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, and Ermenegildo Zegna dress shirts. Though when I try to find more info on them making Saint Laurent shirts I only find other people referencing that article.

Great info. Thanks. Zegna shirts have long been a favorite of mine, both because of fit and materials/quality. Interesting if YSL does use this group that also makes RL shirts (I don't think YSL is specifically mentioned in the article), as RL Purple Label is well regarded over on the Classic Menswear forum, while YSL is generally looked down on as diffusion line junk.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to this article, Albini Group, who also produces Prada, Tom Ford, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, and Ermenegildo Zegna dress shirts. Though when I try to find more info on them making Saint Laurent shirts I only find other people referencing that article.

I stand corrected, YSL is mentioned in the title of the article.

Also, the article speaks to the Albini group as the supplier of the fine cotton fabrics to many of these top houses, but not the entity that is putting the shirts together.

So, my original question still stands as to who YSL/Kering is contracting out to for fabrication of their dress shirts? I had the opportunity to check some out in person recently and the fabrics are certainly at on par with the level of other very high end labels, but like Brioni, or Kiton, or Zegna, does Kering run it's own sewing production operations? I think not, correct?

xczuman

Reaction score
Can anyone here provide sizing insight for the SS15 officer biker jacket? I read that it fits big. I am a 50 in the L01 and a 48 in the PC teddy. Would I need a 48 for the officer biker? Also, what can I expect to pay for one, a 46 recently sold on grailed for $2000 I think, is this reasonable? Any help is appreciated

Last edited:

cloonz

Reaction score
That jacket was all over the outlets I forget the price though. Pretty much you're gonna have to pay what people are asking at this point if you really want it.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If i have two boots both jodhpurs the suede and black leather one, what is another essential boot i need? Chelsea? I'm thinking of the black suede ones

How do the Chelseas fit compared to Jodhpur? I wear 42 for Jodhpur is it the same?

Thanks

TheSneakyTruth

Reaction score
Hope I don't get murdered for liking something from the new collection
lol8[1].gif
but I really like the Wyatt 40 side-zips.

Link: http://www.ysl.com/au/shop-product/...-boot-in-black_cod11180859gl.html#section=men

But why did they have to go with goat leather, instead of calf or shell cordovan or something more premium? Can anyone tell me how Saint Laurent's goat leather feels, wears and creases compared to their other offerings. Also what's with the "metallic leather"? I don't see any shiny qualities to it
puzzled.gif

youwhat

Reaction score
they've been out since the start
why are you cribbing about it if you dont know what it is (could be more expensive for all you know)?

echau

Reaction score

If i have two boots both jodhpurs the suede and black leather one, what is another essential boot i need? Chelsea? I'm thinking of the black suede ones

How do the Chelseas fit compared to Jodhpur? I wear 42 for Jodhpur is it the same?

Thanks

Black suede is underrated.
Same size as jodhpurs.

plstcpssn

Reaction score
What are your experiences with shipping items between boutiques? Particularly across europe... is this even possible? I've read that quite a few people have done this before, although only within the country. My local boutique only offers women's accessoires and the SA obviously had no idea and no experience with my request, leaving me with a 'she'll see what she can do'...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads