• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I'm loving the Vaccarello designs in the last couple seasons...with the notable exception of the trousers. For me, the pleated high-waisted with taper look is nearly impossible to pull off (although I wouldn't mind seeing some non-runway pics of it working). For me, I much preferred a couple seasons ago when he had skinny jeans with a bootcut, as well as the flared trousers. I hope he brings those back badly.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gooly, some of those looks work well, I especially love the jacket on you, but as others have noted, the high-wasted trousers can be difficult to pull off. I think they look good, but maybe not great. If you're a bit like me, we tend to look better with lower-waisted pants to extend the leg. I get the idea behind the high-waisted trousers, but I'll leave that to Jimmy Page to showboat. ;)

anyway, the inspiration and designs in this collection are really great and wide ranging enough.

MotionInReverse

Reaction score
I’m feeling the same way here. It’s close but the SLP FW collection really has some heat. I will point out the similarities in both collections black corduroy Teddy jackets, shoulder stripes on the Celine jacket aside. ?
F87D6AE8-39AD-49F4-A83E-E2637BED4A2F.jpeg

Corduroy shirt collar Teddy and Wyatt 60 both look awfully similar to some of these FW20 pieces

Last edited:

Gooly001

Reaction score
The trousers indeed create a clumsy aesthetic. It seems to me that they sit a bit too low on your waist and the current cut does not play well with your proportions. The D21 looks good on you. Still, I would shorten them because striped trousers should not stack in my opinion. However, as long as you're planning to only wear them with boots, I would avoid to overly crop them but only make them so that they don't break.
Thanks for your feedback!

Gooly001

Reaction score
Gooly, some of those looks work well, I especially love the jacket on you, but as others have noted, the high-wasted trousers can be difficult to pull off. I think they look good, but maybe not great. If you're a bit like me, we tend to look better with lower-waisted pants to extend the leg. I get the idea behind the high-waisted trousers, but I'll leave that to Jimmy Page to showboat. ;)

anyway, the inspiration and designs in this collection are really great and wide ranging enough.

Thanks I appreciate your input! Really wish those trousers worked better for me.

Gooly001

Reaction score
I agree with Alexander on that they need to be worn higher. Also don't wear them with that shirt since they create two entirely different aesthetics.

The D21's seem good to me. I think if you were to crop them your legs would look shorter. Sure they're styled differently in the ad campaigns but I think you look good.
Thanks for your opinion on the shirt. It is a bit loud

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Also purchased d21, and they are suppose to be crop fit. Due to my short legs it’s stacking of course which I don’t mind but what are your thoughts? Should I hem or leave it stacking?
Cheers View attachment 1422097
are these d21s? Thought d21s were the asymmetric women's jeans but I haven't kept up with slp that much as of late

either way, I think these are way too tight at the calf and potentially too tight at the thigh (depending on if they're denim or cotton/wool)

Gooly001

Reaction score
are these d21s? Thought d21s were the asymmetric women's jeans but I haven't kept up with slp that much as of late

either way, I think these are way too tight at the calf and potentially too tight at the thigh (depending on if they're denim or cotton/wool)
Theses are d21 for men as they are labeled inside waistband as m/sk mw and they are 98/2 cotton/elestacine
They fit similar to 2016 lw d02 as far as the cut in the legs except for my 2013 which are extremely tight. Interestingly, my 2018 versions are a lot more relaxed. All of them are in size 30. My initial thought was that they appeared to be real tight but I think the stripes accentuates it where as the solid black/blues don’t as much.
It’s a problem for me as my quads and calf are quite muscular and slim or skinny jeans are fitted pretty tight.
I guess my other option is to try pair d03 but I don’t like that they don’t taper and won’t look as nice with Wyatts 5D7A1EB3-6CC9-4C75-974F-30970DFB873A.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the nomenclature, but the main idea, for me at least, is that I go for a shorter rise, so usually 9" versus 11 or even 12" for dropped crotch pants, which means the leg will be longer to the nether region. ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads