• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BxQ

Reaction score
I went for the MM ace lows for my minimalist sneaker. Might be worth a try for those wanting something different from CPs

1593897764174.png

That said, I honestly don't like white sneakers for the SLP silhouette (plus they're everywhere). Boots or high-tops just look better imo. SLP btw has some nice high-top/chuck style under the Bedford line:
1593898141116.png

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
My main issue with the CP Achilles is that they lack personality. I guess that's why they're so popular tho, they're clean sneakers that go with a lot. I still want a pair of white leather sneakers but I'm forcing myself not to buy any footwear this year, as I splashed on that a bit last year.

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
Bit of a rubbish photo but I picked up this beauty for a steal before the world went to shit. Wool/silk leopard print long scarf I love it highly recommend if you can find it for a good price.

968E5F90-EE66-416C-9155-5B4481D21324.jpeg

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
Unsure if this has been posted here before but it's an interesting dive into the history of Hedi Slimane, although maybe not much new information for us Hedi obsessed.

alexanderdavide

Reaction score
My main issue with the CP Achilles is that they lack personality. I guess that's why they're so popular tho, they're clean sneakers that go with a lot. I still want a pair of white leather sneakers but I'm forcing myself not to buy any footwear this year, as I splashed on that a bit last year.
Could not have expressed my impressions towards the CP Achilles better. But for this exact fact I suppose they get a lot of wear in most wardrobes; hence I see them as a good pick for everybody looking for white sneakers. I am glad that I was able to pick mine up for a good price in 2018 when Luisaviaroma had 50% off all items. A total no-brainer at this price point.

Bryan55

Reaction score
I watched this a few weeks ago, and found it informative.

FW pre-order up on the ysl site, and imo it is fantastic. I want these:
Wow. There are a few pieces up for pre-order that I’m loving. So much for me saving money. 😑 I’m thinking that black Leather bomber is a no brainer.
372A1692-582C-42FB-B459-C048EE9EDFD0.jpeg
44903B48-FC72-44ED-B5D8-06D08999C887.jpeg
C6C5E0D9-1886-4954-A653-F384FCD91372.jpeg

nekromantik

Reaction score
i love that tartan jacket but I only just got a Teddy around 6 months ago! haha

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, a surfeit of great pieces in this collection! Does the breadth and size of this collection suggest that YSL (I notice that the former logo is making more of a comeback) is doing very well?

GG Allin

Reaction score
I pre-ordered the 45 mm Cole boot in brown patent leather, deciding that the 60 mm might be a bit much (for now). I like this collection so much, and think it's infinitely better than the first drop at Celine (I still have high hopes for the rest of the season). I think I'm coming a full-blown Vaccarello fan.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I pre-ordered the 45 mm Cole boot in brown patent leather, deciding that the 60 mm might be a bit much (for now).
Good pick up. I won't go higher than 45 although some people look sick in higher heels.

I like this collection so much, and think it's infinitely better than the first drop at Celine (I still have high hopes for the rest of the season). I think I'm coming a full-blown Vaccarello fan.
The horror stories of the Celine boots and Celines price point in general has really kept me away from them. Celine footwear wins in terms of looks tho.

Bryan55

Reaction score
I pre-ordered the 45 mm Cole boot in brown patent leather, deciding that the 60 mm might be a bit much (for now). I like this collection so much, and think it's infinitely better than the first drop at Celine (I still have high hopes for the rest of the season). I think I'm coming a full-blown Vaccarello fan.
I’m feeling the same way here. It’s close but the SLP FW collection really has some heat. I will point out the similarities in both collections black corduroy Teddy jackets, shoulder stripes on the Celine jacket aside. 😐

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.