• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

piblondin

Reaction score
yeah dont like the whole sneaker jeans look
I prefer jeans with slip on boots
Only laced ones I wore is Chucka boots from Tods. They were plain black leather and also had navy suedes.
I'm pretty much all sneakers, all the time. If not sneakers, then Chelsea boots. Chucka boots have always struck me as a weird in-between, and I'm looking for suggestions of low lace-ups, but maybe they just don't work with the more casual bottoms.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trixz

Reaction score
Basically I’m always wearing common projects Achilles in white with denim or my fear of god 101 lows in grey with denim for relaxed vibe. Otherwise, chelsea boots for a night out!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear a lot of Dior leather lows in black with a white bottom. They're pretty clean, minimalist shoes but with a little more sole than CPs. The early season SLP lows were cool, too; loved the black. I like Celine's clean white sneakers; they're a different fabric.

piblondin

Reaction score
I wear a lot of Dior leather lows in black with a white bottom. They're pretty clean, minimalist shoes but with a little more sole than CPs. The early season SLP lows were cool, too; loved the black. I like Celine's clean white sneakers; they're a different fabric.
Yeah, I was thinking about getting a pair of the Celines, but I find the Common Projects shape tough to beat. The black with white midsole Achillles and the white Bballs are my go-tos.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of white Achilles and I frankly hate them. I regret buying them.

I think derbies or monkstraps can look really cool with black denim, but I feel like this is one of those areas where unfortunately you have to be pretty slim to pull off (for some reason I feel like boots are easier in this regard). Also, I think it looks better if the denim has no break or is slightly cropped.

Trixz

Reaction score
Interesting, what do you hate about them? Other then being over priced for the quality.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, what do you hate about them? Other then being over priced for the quality.
IN addition to being overpriced, mine are pretty uncomfortable. Also, perhaps strangely, I don't think they look very good with slim jeans (with flares they're pretty cool). I also don't like the numbers on the side. I was basically looking for a pair of beaters to throw on when I went to the store and stuff like that, but I feel like I might just stick with converse in teh future (although they have their own problems too I feel). I'm not a big sneaker guy though

Trixz

Reaction score
IN addition to being overpriced, mine are pretty uncomfortable. Also, perhaps strangely, I don't think they look very good with slim jeans (with flares they're pretty cool). I also don't like the numbers on the side. I was basically looking for a pair of beaters to throw on when I went to the store and stuff like that, but I feel like I might just stick with converse in teh future (although they have their own problems too I feel). I'm not a big sneaker guy though

I’d agree that the wider the hem of the denim the less the Achilles looks good. Never seen them paired with a flair. When you say uncomfortable did you order a size down and break them in?

For me the equivalent of the D02 SLP denim in shoes is the Achilles. It’s a very slim shoe and pair great with D02s IMO. I’m not a huge fan of the side numbers as well. I wish I didn’t like them so much but I haven’t found anything aesthetically slim. In case no one hear has seen the video of Rose Anvil tearing the Achilles apart it’s worth a watch or the other shoes he rips up to evaluate:

ASAPRice

Reaction score
if you want some low top white sneakers I think adidas sambas and stan smiths look cool, even if they are hella popular and somewhat played out

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I’d agree that the wider the hem of the denim the less the Achilles looks good. Never seen them paired with a flair. When you say uncomfortable did you order a size down and break them in?

For me the equivalent of the D02 SLP denim in shoes is the Achilles. It’s a very slim shoe and pair great with D02s IMO. I’m not a huge fan of the side numbers as well. I wish I didn’t like them so much but I haven’t found anything aesthetically slim. In case no one hear has seen the video of Rose Anvil tearing the Achilles apart it’s worth a watch or the other shoes he rips up to evaluate:

Also check out this thread on why that video is supposedly bad/wrong.

alexanderdavide

Reaction score
I think derbies or monkstraps can look really cool with black denim, but I feel like this is one of those areas where unfortunately you have to be pretty slim to pull off (for some reason I feel like boots are easier in this regard). Also, I think it looks better if the denim has no break or is slightly cropped.

Totally agree in all regards. Slim derbies or monkstraps paired with denim that is perfectly fitted lengthwise or is slightly cropped create a clean look, somewhat in the direction of suit trousers. Love this look, but would only recommend it if you're slender.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MM GATS lows in white, is what I rock these summer days. Before had a SLP SS13 white lows in white mesh but prefer these GATS. Also occasionally integrate SS18 SLP 10H Sigaro Nero hightops too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads