• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's selling as well as it's purported to be I imagine the difference in slimness between runway samples and production RtW stuff is quite significant.

heartlessphil

Reaction score

SLP is slim. Suits are very VERY slim. Shoes are ridiculously narrow. Deck shoes run small. The boots in terms of length are TTS but very narrow. 

Denim is on par with Dior.

Deck shoes run small...I learned it the hard way lol! Still trying to break them but they hurt my feet fast. I'll give em more time. The insole is not removable...which doesn't help me!

DesignerValet

Reaction score

New washed biker for this season looks nice, I think it might even be better than the one in the permanent collection.

It's definitely taste-specific, but I really like the fringed jacket from this season:

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Speaking of F/W pieces, my favorites were the mohair sweaters- until I tried them on. They're oversized, but extremely so; I'm 6'2", and the medium hung down to my mid-thigh. I don't mind long, but it looked more like a sweater dress than an extended sweater.

That got crossed off the list, except now I want the cape :embar:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's definitely taste-specific, but I really like the fringed jacket from this season:

I've always had a special antipathy for fringed leather. You'd think growing up on Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman would have pushed me in the other direction.

In complete seriousness, and without overmuch skepticism because I definitely own some even "less accessible" pieces, how would you style it?

Speaking of F/W pieces, my favorites were the mohair sweaters- until I tried them on. They're oversized, but extremely so; I'm 6'2", and the medium hung down to my mid-thigh. I don't mind long, but it looked more like a sweater dress than an extended sweater.

That got crossed off the list, except now I want the cape :embar:

Out of the frying pan, into the fire. :stirpot:

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any one know how the jeans run? Specially previews season 15.5 cm or 6 cm not sure if they're the same.

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first time I'm finding this stuff and like a number of pieces:

merino/cashmere cardigan

french terry sleeveless sweatshirt

hooded wool sweatshirt with functional collar zip

but pricing is bonkers. $1000 for a basic hoodie? even at designer prices, that's ridic. thought this was the budget ysl line?

linstar

Reaction score

Any one know how the jeans run? Specially previews season 15.5 cm or 6 cm not sure if they're the same.

16cm run pretty slim and work with a lot of body types. I have a few pairs and like them a lot.

The 15.5 Cms are ridiculously skinny. I have issues with them at 5'7 125lbs. A size 28 was literally skin tight on me and even a pair of 29s were too tight so I just gave up on them. You really need to be cokehead thin to pull them off.

Illithid Dude

Reaction score
16cm run pretty slim and work with a lot of body types. I have a few pairs and like them a lot.

The 15.5 Cms are ridiculously skinny. I have issues with them at 5'7 125lbs. A size 28 was literally skin tight on me and even a pair of 29s were too tight so I just gave up on them. You really need to be cokehead thin to pull them off.

I didn't find the 15.5 that bad. I'm 5'11'' (or possibly 6', I think I've grown) and 140 lbs, and I could fit into a 29. The first day, the pants are truly skin tight, but they stretch, and after a few days they fit perfectly.

but pricing is bonkers. $1000 for a basic hoodie? even at designer prices, that's ridic. thought this was the budget ysl line?

Budget? Saint Laurent Paris? Hah!

Last edited:

John Appleseed

Reaction score
SLP is not a diffusion line. It is an upgrade if anything over the previous YSL RTW mens collection which it has replaced.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm usually a 29, but with the 15.5s I think I'd get the 30. The legs are already skin tight on the 30, and the waist is pretty close. They are definitely painted on, badass, skinny jeans so don't think otherwise. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though so I can't attest to how much they stretch.

DesignerValet

Reaction score

I've always had a special antipathy for fringed leather. You'd think growing up on Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman would have pushed me in the other direction.

In complete seriousness, and without overmuch skepticism because I definitely own some even "less accessible" pieces, how would you style it?
Out of the frying pan, into the fire. :stirpot:

The most obvious would be with a black tee and black denim, though if I actually spent that much money on such a thing I'd toss it on over any basic, solid-color shirt and slim denim.

Definitely would not attempt a pattern.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics