• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DesignerValet

Reaction score

Anyone been to the SLP outlet in Desert Hills recently? Do they have men's SLP stuff?

There was none the last time I visited in April. SA said they get shipments after sale season is over, so probably about now or next month. Then again, I'm guessing they'll have substantially less leftover inventory than the Pilati era.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to some shots of the army boots post #7282
If its not patent leather, its shiny as **** and looks ridiculous and I found them to be really cheap and plasticky. Definitely not worth it for the price, in my opinion.

On a side note, I thought this was kind of crazy http://www.2nd-blog-cafe.jp/new/2013/07/hedi-slimane-ro.html

This picture was taken in 2010 by Hedi Slimane. It's one of the members of The Drums, wearing his vintage flea market varsity which is the inspiration (down to the cut) of the new varsity.

Time to start hitting up rose bowl and melrose trading post.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Here's a link to some shots of the army boots post #7282 If its not patent leather, its shiny as **** and looks ridiculous and I found them to be really cheap and plasticky. Definitely not worth it for the price, in my opinion. On a side note, I thought this was kind of crazy http://www.2nd-blog-cafe.jp/new/2013/07/hedi-slimane-ro.html This picture was taken in 2010 by Hedi Slimane. It's one of the members of The Drums, wearing his vintage flea market varsity which is the inspiration (down to the cut) of the new varsity. Time to start hitting up rose bowl and melrose trading post.
I like the shape of the boots. I think it looks fine. You can't compare SLP to A1923. The baseball jacket pic is really nice find.Time to hit flea market again. btw, Melrose Trading Post - Starting August 4th our admission price is increasing from $2 to $3.

Last edited:

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Went to the new SL store in Soho last week and ended up buying this:

$250 cheaper than the sleeved version, and a better layering piece IMO.

Also: thinking of selling my black deck shoes, sz. 45. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

sixsails

Reaction score
Do the sneakers have insoles you can rip out and is the Japanese raw denim smooth on the inside like Dior?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the sneaker insoles aren't removable. they're flat leather like CP's

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Insoles are actually removable on the sneakers, they aren't glued down.

sixsails

Reaction score
Still waiting on the other question. Do these raws feel like luxury (Dior) inside or more Levi/workwear?

Reaction score
Went to the new SL store in Soho last week and ended up buying this:

$250 cheaper than the sleeved version, and a better layering piece IMO.

Also: thinking of selling my black deck shoes, sz. 45. Shoot me a message if you're interested.
Dig the t-shirt. Do you mind posting some pics? I really want to see how it looks in real life. I kind of like what Hedi is doing at SL, but really think all the stuff is catered to extremely skinny guy. Lean doesn't even cut it.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Dig the t-shirt. Do you mind posting some pics? I really want to see how it looks in real life. I kind of like what Hedi is doing at SL, but really think all the stuff is catered to extremely skinny guy. Lean doesn't even cut it. 
I've tried this one at boutique before. I believe they used french terry cloth aka towel. Like a normal sweatshirt but not too heavy. Fit is normal on the slim side not skinny however it's extremely short. I'm 5'8'' and tried both M and L, not big difference at shoulder and chest but L is definitely longer.

hows the sizing on the chelsea boots? tts?

I own 2 pairs of SLP shoes and tried one of their leather boots as well. It's pretty much TTS.

DesignerValet

Reaction score

I don't find SL to be incredibly slim at all. I take rougly the same size as I do in Jil, if not smaller. It's pretty narrow at the armhole in shirts/jackets, but actually too billowy if anything around the waist in the former. The pants vary by style and cut, but of course the skinny variants with narrow leg openings will better suit those with a smaller frame.

I bought the sweatshirt in a L, and usually take a 52 in most labels.

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Double post.

Last edited:

John Appleseed

Reaction score
SLP is slim. Suits are very VERY slim. Shoes are ridiculously narrow. Deck shoes run small. The boots in terms of length are TTS but very narrow.

Denim is on par with Dior.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New washed biker for this season looks nice, I think it might even be better than the one in the permanent collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads