• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks fine but I’m no expert.

To be fair there's a lot more slp selection on grilled than the real real.

But better to post authenticity checks elsewhere. We arent that helpful.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does the bleached flannel fit over sized?
Slightly - all the SLP shirts I discussed are sold though. Maybe more to come later.

Alex wurzel

Reaction score
so this teddy was bought from the realreal and i had my concerns mainly due to that white tag stitched to the wash tags. ive asked several people who have most said it looks legit and that the white tag may be because its a mexico tag. if anyone can clear this up so i can finally settle this. its supposedly a 2015 teddy, labeled a womens 44 but i know that the tag usually should say "F__" size. maybe it was a mistake by the realreal. thanks

Attachments

bigpilotwo7

Reaction score
Not to be a dick or anything, but if you want to buy stuff like this 2nd hand, why just not use a consignment store like realreal, etc?
I’ve had so many good finds on both they outweigh the handful of bad experiences. Here’s the said L01 Lamb (2017) vs my L17 Calfskin (2013). The L17 is miles better in all aspects. Leather, hardware, stitching...hell even the lining is softer, sleeker and better. I know the jackets were considered better earlier, but this L01 is looking more suspect each day that goes by.
FE6B3541-E538-42CB-8AC8-D175797950CD.jpeg
271F89D9-B732-4764-A220-B7B4D143FBFC.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it but looks pretty fake especially the lapels and the floppiness of the leather.

Nyarlathotep

Reaction score
I’ve been suspicious of some fake SLP stuff floating on Grailed and eBay. Can anyone help me out with this L01 Lambskin jacket? Looks suspect. It’s supposedly from the 2017 season. The collar is too big and covers the buttons on the shoulder straps. There is some sloppy stitching. The tags seem off too but i’m no expert. Button feels cheap and sort of plastics. It looks similar to the Peltiano repos that are selling for $200. What do you guys think? Does anyone know if this jacket is legit? View attachment 1220386View attachment 1220387View attachment 1220388View attachment 1220392View attachment 1220395View attachment 1220396View attachment 1220399
"Grecee" really supplies some of the best lambskin around.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alex - your friends are right, from the couple photos it does look rather legit, but the tag seems completely wack, as though they sewed another tag back on it? Why take the chance? The other thing is that the Women's Teddy fits a touch different; I believe I tried one at a boutique and it's roomier in the chest. This could be in my head, but I seem to recall someone else mentioning that there are very slight differences in cuts between menswear and womenswear otherwise-unisex pieces.

Alex wurzel

Reaction score
Alex - your friends are right, from the couple photos it does look rather legit, but the tag seems completely wack, as though they sewed another tag back on it? Why take the chance? The other thing is that the Women's Teddy fits a touch different; I believe I tried one at a boutique and it's roomier in the chest. This could be in my head, but I seem to recall someone else mentioning that there are very slight differences in cuts between menswear and womenswear otherwise-unisex pieces.
Yes , cause the women’s teddy also is a bit cropped compared to the men’s ! By like an inch or two. Cause for me it fits perfect but that tag was the main concern ! Everything else about it was fine .

BigRed

Reaction score
I’m currently considering picking up the brown Lukas boot with the fringes...I’m not sure if they might be “too much” for me so I’m also considering the plain “nut” colored Lukas. What do you guys think of the fringe Lukas?

GG Allin

Reaction score
I’m currently considering picking up the brown Lukas boot with the fringes...I’m not sure if they might be “too much” for me so I’m also considering the plain “nut” colored Lukas. What do you guys think of the fringe Lukas?
I don't like the fringes, but that might just be down to personal taste, because I know a couple dudes here have said that they liked them. Have you seen the Lukas boot with the strap?

BigRed

Reaction score
I don't like the fringes, but that might just be down to personal taste, because I know a couple dudes here have said that they liked them. Have you seen the Lukas boot with the strap?
I have not seen the Lukas with the strap in person...I like the color of the brown in the pair with fringes and they have a little distressing in the toe box and and heel too that I like...just not sure about the fringes part

Adamdraps

Reaction score

You could always go try them on in store or you can order them and if you don't like how they look, return them. Can never go wrong with the nut version though. Nut is amazing.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.