• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

xslpr

Reaction score
For those asking about the two grey pairs. Sorry for the lighting, they photographed darker than they really are. Black chain is on the left, it’s more of a washed grey. The silver chain on the right is more of a distressed faded pair with subtle distressing to the pockets and hem

I have the pair with the black chain and it's honestly one of my favorite pairs. The grey is perfect.

Here's what they look like IRL

View attachment 912903 [/QUOTE]

You and @nsubrmnn are making me want to hit grailed and search for some

Robin Michelangelo

Reaction score
What’s your question? I usually wear a 34 in most of my denim. But 33 for me in slp but mine are from 2016. Not sure how the new ones fit.
I've lost tons of weight and my skinny jeans in 34 fit me kinda loose but not crazy loose. Like I need a belt. Do you prefer the stretch or the 100% cotton

xslpr

Reaction score
I've lost tons of weight and my skinny jeans in 34 fit me kinda loose but not crazy loose. Like I need a belt. Do you prefer the stretch or the 100% cotton

First off congrats on the weight loss. I am 1000% not going to get all cotton denim anymore. I wear my denim fairly snug and elastane allows me to move freely. I also have to size up a little because my quads are a little larger than what i believe Mr. Slimane envisioned to fit in his denim. The waist does end up being a little bigger on most denim but its ok i wear a belt or i take them to my tailor. I promise you, if most size 34 denim fits you big you will swim in SLP 34s. I put some on and felt like I was back in the 90s with my pants 3 sizes too big. You honestly may be able to do a size 32 if you quads are smaller.

I have included a pic of my black D02 raw denim pair. I did taper the leg knee down because i like a 6" ankle.

8D471E2C-2948-4431-BD0A-4C34C6E5B533.jpeg

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Those look like a good fit man

Speaking of the black suede Wyatt 40's, I just got a pair and my girl said they look like "women's boots" :(

She loves my 30mm Jodhpurs and Chelseas but thinks these are over the top. I had mixed feelings about them to begin with, but wanted to try them anyway as they're so clean looking and a staple to any SLP wardrobe. I have absolutely no problems with the androgynous and sometimes feminine SLP pieces, but I don't know if it fits my personal style. I'm gonna sit on it for a couple days and see how I feel. They look great in the above photo and in most fits I've seen.

xslpr

Reaction score

Speaking of the black suede Wyatt 40's, I just got a pair and my girl said they look like "women's boots" :(

She loves my 30mm Jodhpurs and Chelseas but thinks these are over the top. I had mixed feelings about them to begin with, but wanted to try them anyway as they're so clean looking and a staple to any SLP wardrobe. I have absolutely no problems with the androgynous and sometimes feminine SLP pieces, but I don't know if it fits my personal style. I'm gonna sit on it for a couple days and see how I feel. They look great in the above photo and in most fits I've seen.

Thanks bro. My wife said the same exact thing but i was like F that I've been waiting for these. lol I also own chelseas and Jodhpurs and the way denim stacks on the harness boots is the best in my opinion. I say style them and wear them in the house (on the carpet) she may change her mind. HAHAHHAHAHA

BigRed

Reaction score
For you guys that own both the Chelseas and Jodhpurs, what colors did you buy in each style? I bought the Chelseas in new sigaro and I feel if I bought the Jodhpurs in light tobacco that they would be too close in color. So I’m trying to decide what color Jodhpurs I should get.

xslpr

Reaction score
For you guys that own both the Chelseas and Jodhpurs, what colors did you buy in each style? I bought the Chelseas in new sigaro and I feel if I bought the Jodhpurs in light tobacco that they would be too close in color. So I’m trying to decide what color Jodhpurs I should get.

I have the same sort dilemma. I have the same pair of Chelseas and actually bought suede jodhpurs in similar color and i couldn't justify it. I have the black suede harness boots and a pair of black leather jodhpurs. SL has a pair of brown jodhpurs that are similar to coffy brown that i have my eye on. Who knows i may wait until my chelseas are beat up and get the cigar jodhpurs.

papillo

Reaction score

Chelsea in new sigaro and jodhpurs in black leather. I would love the jodhpurs in original Sigaro and ill be pretty set.

Robin Michelangelo

Reaction score
First off congrats on the weight loss. I am 1000% not going to get all cotton denim anymore. I wear my denim fairly snug and elastane allows me to move freely. I also have to size up a little because my quads are a little larger than what i believe Mr. Slimane envisioned to fit in his denim. The waist does end up being a little bigger on most denim but its ok i wear a belt or i take them to my tailor. I promise you, if most size 34 denim fits you big you will swim in SLP 34s. I put some on and felt like I was back in the 90s with my pants 3 sizes too big. You honestly may be able to do a size 32 if you quads are smaller.

I have included a pic of my black D02 raw denim pair. I did taper the leg knee down because i like a 6" ankle.

View attachment 913057
Eh I'm gonna have to go in store. It's an investment in a sense. Paige and Ksubi denim are my go to. And that's a dope fit man. Black and grey bleed together.

Robin Michelangelo

Reaction score
Chelseas personally look good in black. All black with black skinny jeans. For Johdpurs I go with the original sigaro. Those look incredible when they are beat to death.

Robin Michelangelo

Reaction score

Black harnesses are more dressy and require a bit more attention. I feel that if you would have gotten a tan or even the fox you would have been able to style them much easily. They aren't feminine. Cowboys use them man come on now!!! Not harnesses but even more crazy styles

BigRed

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a pair of harness boots in black suede but now your wives have me feeling the perception is their too feminine. Maybe I’ll go for Jodphurs instead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads