1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

I’ve decided to stick to my rockstar roots and go with a Wyatt Harness boot. I initially was think I’d go with the black leather since I have the Chelsea in sigaro suede. Then I saw the black suede harness and like it too. I know it’s 100% personal choice but which would you go for if you were me? Black leather or black suede?

2. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior Member

Jesus Christ dude, just get the one you like.

3. IChen

IChen Senior Member

Listen to this man.

4. Raffael Noah

Raffael Noah Member

Obviously it's super subjective and you should just wear what YOU like. However- black leather boots are good for rainy days (when impregnated/waxed), I wouldn't wear suede boots in the rain tho. So I'd build a staple of both types of leather boots so I can rock a certain aesthetic every day, not depending on the weather or other circumstances if that makes sense. Just my 2c.

Cheers!

5. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

Thank you,

I appreciate your opinion.

6. Trixz

Trixz Active Member

Lots of generalizations being thrown around.

Let's talk more about Hedi at celine. Recently from a women's celine forum and a fashion insider I read that Hedi was promised a couture house if he passed the $1 Billion mark in sales at YSL. Once reached it he asked the kering group for the couture house and they said that in the contract it said 1 billion euros or pounds and that he hasn't reached it yet. That's when Hedi resigned and then sued. Has anyone else heard this? Any credibility? Or anyone know the reasoning behind Hedi's departure from YSL? I know that at both designer parent companies he hasn't been treated very well and this is perhaps LVMH's way to apologize and unleash Hedi.

On a side note, I know Hedi took a lot of heat for changing Yves Saint Laurent to just Saint Laurent for the ready to wear items and keeping the Yves Saint Laurent for couture pieces. This move is making more since to me for two reasons. The ready to wear items are not couture and should not have Yves name on them because they are no longer designed by him where as the couture line still has Yves design elements that they use as a basis for the garments. Second, the business perspective, you can create a tiered clothing line system where the 'common' clothing is the Saint Laurent and the couture clothing is the Yves Saint Laurent making it more of a class system and the Yves items are true grails. Just my thoughts, let me know if you have any thoughts. I know it doesn't really matter any more because AV changed it back but perhaps we may see something like this at celine.