• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BigRed

Reaction score
I’ve decided to stick to my rockstar roots and go with a Wyatt Harness boot. I initially was think I’d go with the black leather since I have the Chelsea in sigaro suede. Then I saw the black suede harness and like it too. I know it’s 100% personal choice but which would you go for if you were me? Black leather or black suede?

Raffael Noah

Reaction score
I’ve decided to stick to my rockstar roots and go with a Wyatt Harness boot. I initially was think I’d go with the black leather since I have the Chelsea in sigaro suede. Then I saw the black suede harness and like it too. I know it’s 100% personal choice but which would you go for if you were me? Black leather or black suede?
Obviously it's super subjective and you should just wear what YOU like. However- black leather boots are good for rainy days (when impregnated/waxed), I wouldn't wear suede boots in the rain tho. So I'd build a staple of both types of leather boots so I can rock a certain aesthetic every day, not depending on the weather or other circumstances if that makes sense. Just my 2c.

Cheers!

BigRed

Reaction score
Obviously it's super subjective and you should just wear what YOU like. However- black leather boots are good for rainy days (when impregnated/waxed), I wouldn't wear suede boots in the rain tho. So I'd build a staple of both types of leather boots so I can rock a certain aesthetic every day, not depending on the weather or other circumstances if that makes sense. Just my 2c.

Cheers!
Thank you,

I appreciate your opinion.

Trixz

Reaction score
Lots of generalizations being thrown around.

Let's talk more about Hedi at celine. Recently from a women's celine forum and a fashion insider I read that Hedi was promised a couture house if he passed the $1 Billion mark in sales at YSL. Once reached it he asked the kering group for the couture house and they said that in the contract it said 1 billion euros or pounds and that he hasn't reached it yet. That's when Hedi resigned and then sued. Has anyone else heard this? Any credibility? Or anyone know the reasoning behind Hedi's departure from YSL? I know that at both designer parent companies he hasn't been treated very well and this is perhaps LVMH's way to apologize and unleash Hedi.

On a side note, I know Hedi took a lot of heat for changing Yves Saint Laurent to just Saint Laurent for the ready to wear items and keeping the Yves Saint Laurent for couture pieces. This move is making more since to me for two reasons. The ready to wear items are not couture and should not have Yves name on them because they are no longer designed by him where as the couture line still has Yves design elements that they use as a basis for the garments. Second, the business perspective, you can create a tiered clothing line system where the 'common' clothing is the Saint Laurent and the couture clothing is the Yves Saint Laurent making it more of a class system and the Yves items are true grails. Just my thoughts, let me know if you have any thoughts. I know it doesn't really matter any more because AV changed it back but perhaps we may see something like this at celine.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My memory is a bit hazy, but I feel like it was mentioned that due to the RTW nature of Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane, it didn’t bear Yves’ name. This was before the couture house was even announced to the public.

I didn’t really care, because I felt it was smart anyways. YSL is not cool at all. This was a great opportunity to distance himself from Tom Ford and Stefano Pilati

papillo

Reaction score
Lots of generalizations being thrown around.

Let's talk more about Hedi at celine. Recently from a women's celine forum and a fashion insider I read that Hedi was promised a couture house if he passed the $1 Billion mark in sales at YSL. Once reached it he asked the kering group for the couture house and they said that in the contract it said 1 billion euros or pounds and that he hasn't reached it yet. That's when Hedi resigned and then sued. Has anyone else heard this? Any credibility? Or anyone know the reasoning behind Hedi's departure from YSL? I know that at both designer parent companies he hasn't been treated very well and this is perhaps LVMH's way to apologize and unleash Hedi.

On a side note, I know Hedi took a lot of heat for changing Yves Saint Laurent to just Saint Laurent for the ready to wear items and keeping the Yves Saint Laurent for couture pieces. This move is making more since to me for two reasons. The ready to wear items are not couture and should not have Yves name on them because they are no longer designed by him where as the couture line still has Yves design elements that they use as a basis for the garments. Second, the business perspective, you can create a tiered clothing line system where the 'common' clothing is the Saint Laurent and the couture clothing is the Yves Saint Laurent making it more of a class system and the Yves items are true grails. Just my thoughts, let me know if you have any thoughts. I know it doesn't really matter any more because AV changed it back but perhaps we may see something like this at celine.

He sued to enforce his non compete and about a promised minority stake in SLP. As for the name change. He gave the reason why in the interview that's on yahoo

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/exclusive-hedi-slimane-on-saint-laurents-126446645943.html

scanner

Reaction score
Hedi has been on record numerous times saying he has no desire to have his name on a fashion label / brand. The only thing he would lend his name to is a denim / basics line but even then does not seem to be interested in dealing with that. He's a simple dude, He is much more interested in capturing lifestyles as a stylist / photographer than running a company. This is one of the reasons the Celine deal works perfectly as he doesn't have to worry about logistics and can just do as he pleases while someone oversees everything and handles atelier employees, etc.

mugatu

Reaction score
correct.. "Saint Laurent" RTW pre-dates Hedi by about 4.5 decades..

yves-saint-laurent-designer-pictured-outside-his-first-london-rive-EWTNTJ.jpg

as for Céline.. I'd expect the menswear line to be named something like:

image.php

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably not the best spot for this but I'm desperate to find it at the moment- does anyone know of someone selling the silk black/white polka dot shirt in a size 40? Might be able to size up/down based on measurements but 40 would be ideal. Having a tough time finding it and tried the FB groups.

saint-laurent-black-polka-dot-shirt-product-0-727643643-normal.jpeg

yunBW

Reaction score
6A272B9B-F0CD-42D3-9B6B-CE9F68B559CB.jpeg
9815CF87-2353-420B-9C81-CC9B1EB06EE3.jpeg
311C4999-45D7-4398-AB1E-97D11B1FE92C.jpeg
Just got the black suede harness. God the boots is sexy, but I really wish the suede have more nape. Also, I’m quite surprised on how similar the boots I got from epaulets is compared with SLP in terms of the last.

1E040C60-73CC-478D-B092-E3C992E4C6B8.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads