• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BigRed

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the new color graphite that they offer in the harness boots now?

IChen

Reaction score
41763209si_14_a_v4.jpg

How do you even wear this?

papillo

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a pair of harness boots in black suede but now your wives have me feeling the perception is their too feminine. Maybe I’ll go for Jodphurs instead.

Are you also married to their wives? Why should their opinion matter to you? My guess is they take issue with the heel height especially if they dont take issue with jodhpurs.

If you like them, don't let the anecdotal opinion of two random women you most likely will never meet sway you.

xslpr

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the new color graphite that they offer in the harness boots now?

I like the graphite color but i don't think grey to dark grey has a place in my closet. I had a pair of grey CPs that i never wore. I think if you can justify them grab them.

IChen

Reaction score

imo never consider grey until you got the 3 core colors down: tan, chocolate brown, black. grey is just a different aesthetic. worn wrong, and it comes across as dirty dusty black.

xslpr

Reaction score
Are you also married to their wives? Why should their opinion matter to you? My guess is they take issue with the heel height especially if they dont take issue with jodhpurs.

If you like them, don't let the anecdotal opinion of two random women you most likely will never meet sway you.

Agreed i mean i see my wife all the time and i still kept them. :D

BigRed

Reaction score

Obviously not...it’s more like if that’s the general consensus of women it might push me in the Jodhpur direction.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Obviously not...it’s more like if that’s the general consensus of women it might push me in the Jodhpur direction.
wearing clothes/shoes/whatever you like confidently will get you infinitely more women than wearing something that others like, but isn't being true to yourself.

**** what everybody else thinks, it's your life, your style, not theirs.

JosephZA

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone could help me authenticate this shirt. I love the design, hoping to buy it if it's authentic!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

scanner

Reaction score

scanner

Reaction score

If you're worried about your manhood, you're probably on the wrong forum and should resort to shopping at Costco. You're on a male fashion forum. I'm sure more than half of the user base here shares differing opinions about their sexual orientation than you. ****, I mean, You're on a Hedi Slimane forum... Boy Safari, etc. If you're this concerned from the get go, this style is probably never going to sit well with you. This will also run through your mind with every garment you wear most likely. "Oh my god, white sneakers are now feminine.. i shouldn't wear black jeans and white sneakers or ill seem feminine.. !!??"

Don't let the internet dress you, wear what you like and wear it proud and stop giving a ****!

BigRed

Reaction score
If you're worried about your manhood, you're probably on the wrong forum and should resort to shopping at Costco. You're on a male fashion forum. I'm sure more than half of the user base here shares differing opinions about their sexual orientation than you. ****, I mean, You're on a Hedi Slimane forum... Boy Safari, etc. If you're this concerned from the get go, this style is probably never going to sit well with you. This will also run through your mind with every garment you wear most likely. "Oh my god, white sneakers are now feminine.. i shouldn't wear black jeans and white sneakers or ill seem feminine.. !!??"

Don't let the internet dress you, wear what you like and wear it proud and stop giving a ****!

Ironically a nice pair of white sneakers is next on my agenda!! Lol

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RE: the dinosaur tee - terribly fake. I almost went blind looking at that.

RE: Women thinking SLP men's boots look feminine, of course they do. My wife said the same thing, but one acknowledges and then makes one's own decision. It's similar to skinny jeans about 15 years ago.

RE: the grey hoodie above, I don't mind that look at all. It reminds me of the 90s when there was this weird poncho thing going on, and this is like a frizzy take on it. haha

ruckzuck

Reaction score
...as an interesting side note.
A lot of women are not into men who are interested in 'higher fashion'...At least that's what my ex and some of my female friends are telling me. 'It's because they don't want to 'compete' with their partner on that level. Of course it's important to dress well, but only to a certain level'...anyone else made that experience? silly ime, because most men i know simply do it for themselfs.
beside that, i agree with anyone else. Just dress and do whatever the # u want to and do it with confidance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads