• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some new items of knitwear arrived at the workshop last week: all of them quite simple, I guess you might say, but none without their charms.

Scarves are back, and are thicker and heavier than last year. Plenty long enough now to go around the neck a couple of times, and with their ribbed ends made double-thick to serve as a steadying weight in gusty conditions.

scarf-geelong-lambswool-conifer-green-1-copys@2x.jpg
scarf-geelong-lambswool-conifer-green-7s@2x.jpg
scarf-geelong-lambswool-asphalt-grey-4s@2x.jpg
scarf-geelong-lambswool-asphalt-grey-2s@2x.jpg
scarf-geelong-lambswool-conifer-green-3s@2x.jpg
scarf-geelong-lambswool-asphalt-grey-5s@2x.jpg

And the bodywarmer, which in some spooky nominative determinism are proving pretty good so far at warming bodies. This is a new style, and was borne out of the desire to have something as bulletproof-seeming as the crewneck but easier to layer beneath coats and jackets. It thus has an eight-ply tuck-stitch front, but a much thinner back (and of course no sleeves).

bodywarmer-geelong-lambswool-malt-2s@2x.jpg
bodywarmer-geelong-lambswool-imperial-blue-2s@2x.jpg
bodywarmer-geelong-lambswool-malt-7s@2x.jpg
bodywarmer-geelong-lambswool-imperial-blue-4s@2x.jpg
bodywarmer-geelong-lambswool-malt-5s@2x.jpg

Paul

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did this sell? Crossing my fingers it did not ;)
Thanks

We have one balmacaan here in size S, in navy-grey, but with a herringbone pattern. It has a melton half-lining. It was made last year. The cloth isn't as heavy as this year. It didn't make it onto the site, but is available for purchase if anyone might be interested. Again — it's a size S, but since the cloth is lighter than this year's balmacaan, could conceivably fit someone who is size M (if they didn't layer much underneath or like a slimmer look).

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you happen to find another I'll absolutely make the purchase. This year's fabric is a bit too much for me to pull off. Beautiful for sure, however.
Cheers.

It was sold, sorry to say, a few weeks back.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the current iteration of the chesterfield in midnight XS that I'm thinking of letting go for around cost if anyone is interested. Worn twice outside for ~30-45min each time walking the dog. Coat is great but buttoning point is a bit low for my liking.

jalebi

Reaction score
Hi Paul, first time posting in this thread. Was wondering if you guys have ever done a polo coat or great coat before? Or whether you are planning to?

Thinking of getting one and wanted to know if one was in the works from S.E.H Kelly.

Thanks

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the question!

We haven't made either before, no. Both styles are I guess a little outside our wheelhouse, although since our wheelhouse is close to bursting (to mix metaphors) I suspect we'll try our hand at one of the other sooner or later.

I suppose the tielocken is a bit like a polo coat, and our version of the Chesterfield takes certainly elements from that genre of dress coats, too ... so I feel like a great coat would be more likely, at least first. I must've idly compiled a long list of ideas for a great coat over the years, but nothing has really coalesced into something I'm sufficiently excited about to develop further. Not yet, anyway. They do run the risk of theatricality, in my opinion, so I suspect our first line of attack would be to tamper that.

But that'll all be years away, anyway!

We are currently developing a stockman / duster coat, on a very slightly related big coat note. Maybe for release late next year if it goes to plan. A nice wide one-piece raglan sleeve for the first time in what feels like years, and a little trompe l'oeil for the pockets.

jalebi

Reaction score
Thanks for the question!

We haven't made either before, no. Both styles are I guess a little outside our wheelhouse, although since our wheelhouse is close to bursting (to mix metaphors) I suspect we'll try our hand at one of the other sooner or later.

I suppose the tielocken is a bit like a polo coat, and our version of the Chesterfield takes certainly elements from that genre of dress coats, too ... so I feel like a great coat would be more likely, at least first. I must've idly compiled a long list of ideas for a great coat over the years, but nothing has really coalesced into something I'm sufficiently excited about to develop further. Not yet, anyway. They do run the risk of theatricality, in my opinion, so I suspect our first line of attack would be to tamper that.

But that'll all be years away, anyway!

We are currently developing a stockman / duster coat, on a very slightly related big coat note. Maybe for release late next year if it goes to plan. A nice wide one-piece raglan sleeve for the first time in what feels like years, and a little trompe l'oeil for the pockets.

Cheers Paul! I did recently pickup the new Chesterfield, so will wait with bated breathe for a double breasted overcoat...even if it is years away as it may be.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Cheers.

We surely will get around to it one day, yes — there is a very slow, plodding inevitably about it!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
... and again on the subject of developments, as well as the long stockman coat on which we're working now, we've also completed, and have put into production, a casual double-breasted jacket (the DB) and a new version of the smock (more akin to the Cornish variety than the henley-neck version from the summer).

We're also making now a new version of the flight jacket, with the detachable collar first shared at https://www.styleforum.net/threads/s-e-h-kelly.277070/page-141#post-10349491. It should be ready at the start of the new year.

Oh, and the pyjama top (which as everyone knows isn't really a pyjama top, but the name is good) is coming back very soon in a fairly heavy cotton-linen ("union") hopsack.

It never ends!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads