• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is where I think I divert from what some of you guys seem to want. I would want shorter jackets, lower rise trousers, and a fairly slim fit. I suppose it says something very creditable about your stuff, that it can be worn in different ways by different people ☺

Also in my book the heyday of menswear is probably 2023… (whatever feels right next)

It is great to see.

That's what we'd always see at the workshop: just all sorts of people, ages, builds, tastes, interests. You'd have one chap come in who was enthused to the max about all things made in England, the next chap convinced our jacket was the same as one worn by Walter Gropius in 1933, and another dragged in by his wife for a linen suit for their wedding. Keeps you on your toes!

louisc31

Reaction score
Want to buy in case anyone is selling:

The Tielocken coat in a medium or a small - slept on this a few hours too long sadly

Csus2

Reaction score
Any tips for putting the balaclava on so a) a) you're sure the vent lines up properly and doesn't squinch (a word I made up) one eye or the other; and b) that it covers your hair properly without messing it up? I tried mine out in the wild for the first time, and, while it was very successful at keeping me warm (all while my friends were complaining about how cold it was), it really made a mess of my hair; I went from having a side part to having a middle part - I'm not a skateboarder, so I don't think I can pull off that look.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any tips for putting the balaclava on so a) a) you're sure the vent lines up properly and doesn't squinch (a word I made up) one eye or the other; and b) that it covers your hair properly without messing it up? I tried mine out in the wild for the first time, and, while it was very successful at keeping me warm (all while my friends were complaining about how cold it was), it really made a mess of my hair; I went from having a side part to having a middle part - I'm not a skateboarder, so I don't think I can pull off that look.
As a balding shaved head, I am incredibly curious as to how this will go

shunese

Reaction score
I don't think it's possible for it not to mess up your hair. The knit is going to come in contact with hair and it is snug fit, it is not a loose fitting balaclava that just can hover over your head and minimally mess it up.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It will certainly loosen and soften with time, especially around the front, but it's always going to be a snug fit on the head, that one.

Csus2

Reaction score
I mean, I expected some mussiness, but I guess I was hoping there was a secret technique to find to prevent a surprise redrawing of boundaries every time I took the thing off. ah well. Part of it is definitely the fault of my hair, which is fine and straight and has absolutely no character of its own.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I mean, I expected some mussiness, but I guess I was hoping there was a secret technique to find to prevent a surprise redrawing of boundaries every time I took the thing off. ah well. Part of it is definitely the fault of my hair, which is fine and straight and has absolutely no character of its own.

We are here for you. We are all here for you. And with time it will get easier.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And speaking of hair-rufflers, here's a couple of new photographs of the duffle coat in Herdwick tweed being worn in public in broad daylight.

duffle-coat-herdwick-tweed-mid-sheep-worn-1@2x.jpg
duffle-coat-herdwick-tweed-mid-sheep-worn-2@2x.jpg

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Ugh that coat looks so GOOD
I told everyone that reached out to me about the duffle herdwick a few months back when they asked what coats I like and such from the line up. This fabric lived in my head ever since I saw it on the trench last year. Texture is insane, and it is just soooo unique. It is something you would probably seeing no one has in the wild. I think the brown is ruggish and fit workwear/country style really well, while the silver has a more modern urban look to it.

And Paul's camera made me really want to buy both after seeing the pictures lol. Great job on this one!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads