• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally was able to meet with Brian today to get measured in person and choose leather/details for two boots. He really is such a chill guy and I really enjoyed chatting with him about his work. Thankfully I should get my first boot in March which will be an stock Underdog with woodsman heel and then his engineers in 2022.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally was able to meet with Brian today to get measured in person and choose leather/details for two boots. He really is such a chill guy and I really enjoyed chatting with him about his work. Thankfully I should get my first boot in March which will be an stock Underdog with woodsman heel and then his engineers in 2022.

nice! Yes that was my experience too.

Fear and Loathing

Reaction score
These are some seriously beautiful boots. That said, I don’t know about a 2-3 year wait. Personally, I think time is more valuable than money. With that in mind, I’ll probably pass on Brian and go to Raul Ojeda / Don Ville. My thinking is if you can afford to pay $1,200 and wait three years, you can afford to pay $6,800 and wait a month or so. YMMV...

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are some seriously beautiful boots. That said, I don’t know about a 2-3 year wait. Personally, I think time is more valuable than money. With that in mind, I’ll probably pass on Brian and go to Raul Ojeda / Don Ville. My thinking is if you can afford to pay $1,200 and wait three years, you can afford to pay $6,800 and wait a month or so. YMMV...
It is a long wait for sure, but when I met him he said he only really makes about 5-6 pairs a month. His prices are still fairly reasonable I feel if you like his designs and what he does, which by his wait list theres a lot who do. Other true bespoke makers are still going to have a similar wait list of 12 months or longer and be several thousands more so it makes brians boots seem all the more affordable.

Fear and Loathing

Reaction score
It is a long wait for sure, but when I met him he said he only really makes about 5-6 pairs a month. His prices are still fairly reasonable I feel if you like his designs and what he does, which by his wait list theres a lot who do. Other true bespoke makers are still going to have a similar wait list of 12 months or longer and be several thousands more so it makes brians boots seem all the more affordable.
Yeah, there’s no question Brian’s stuff is amazing for the money, and his wait list does reflect that. It’s just different strokes for different folks.

Personally, if the question is whether to go a little nuts and get top-tier boots for $1200 with a wait time of around three years, or go a lot nuts, and get truly bananas ultra-top-tier boots for $6800 with a wait time of roughly a month... I’ll do the latter.

Three years is a long time. And I’m sure I could come up with some feeble justification about how if one were to invest the $1,200 over that three year wait period, it would be the same money. No hole in that theory you could drive a truck through. Okay, maybe a smallish truck. Anyway. Just working up the courage to eventually take the plunge with Don Ville, ha ha.

Last edited:

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there’s no question Brian’s stuff is amazing for the money, and his wait list does reflect that. It’s just different strokes for different folks.

Personally, if the question is whether to go a little nuts and get top-tier boots for $1200 with a wait time of around three years, or go a lot nuts, and get truly bananas ultra-top-tier boots for $6800 with a wait time of roughly a month... I’ll do the latter.

Three years is a long time. And I’m sure I could come up with some feeble justification about how if one were to invest the $1,200 over that three year wait period, it would be the same money. No hole in that theory you could drive a truck through. Okay, maybe a smallish truck. Anyway. Just working up the courage to eventually take the plunge with Don Ville, ha ha.

Yeah I totally can see not wanting to wait and spend more. I do wonder though if a bespoke maker can produce an order from start to finish in a month and still charge $6k+ it does make me wonder how in demand their work is? Even someone like Fukuda whose charging close to $5k for a first pair is still 1-2 years.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The deposit is $200 for RC-- you don't pay in full up front.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would rather pay 2000 or 3000 and wait a 6 years than buy a single shoe for almost 7000. That **** bonkers. If you get regular leather you could potentially but 4 to 5 pairs of role Club boots for that price. Then your 3 year wait would feel much better.

Fear and Loathing

Reaction score
I would rather pay 2000 or 3000 and wait a 6 years than buy a single shoe for almost 7000. That **** bonkers. If you get regular leather you could potentially but 4 to 5 pairs of role Club boots for that price. Then your 3 year wait would feel much better.
Like I said, different strokes. Personally, I don’t think you can put a price on time. Three years to have and wear your boots, travel, get them in the dirt all over the world... It’s a boon, and a value. No argument the price is dear. But Ojeda’s work is some of the best in the world, and the bonus is, you’re not waiting for the earth to travel around the sun thrice before you get them. I mean, who knows what the world will be like in three years? Maybe we won‘t even have feet to put boots on. Maybe Trump Jr will have stormed into power with an army of robots the My Pillow guy manufactured now that his factory doesn’t have enough orders to fill... Weirdos into boots and heritage clothing will be deemed “losers and dissidents”, and have their feet cut off in city squares across the nation... it could happen.

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean yeah could happen, but I probably would rather have paid 200 dollars down and died 2 years in of my 3 year wait period and not have to pay the rest. Than pay 7000 and have the shoes for 2 year before my feet were chopped off.

Not to mention if patina was a concern, we all know everyone here has too many shoes, instead of being able to buy shoes once a month, it probably would be better to get one ever 3-6 years.

I mean it's your money, but 7000 bucks is one hell of a payment. It's true luxury, it's a rolex on your feet that only depreciates in value. My first 3 cars cost less than those shoes.

I'm sure he is a wonderful maker, but I could get some wonderful cowboy boots with american gator for 4 grand made to measure.

but as you said different strokes for different folks. At least I get to enjoy looking at pictures of your shoes when they arrive, even if I'll never put down for em!

Fear and Loathing

Reaction score
I’m just wondering, if after the great Trump Jr/My Pillow Killbot foot massacre of 2023, we’ll see a lot of patina albums from members displaying their dismembered feet. One month of patina? Two months? A year... all bone... very clean look.

No doubt, the price is what it is, and it’s a lot. That said, the first bite is the worst, because that’s when he builds the custom last. After that initial pair, he can re-use the last pattern, and subsequent orders are significantly less expensive. So it is kind of an investment...

Last edited:

lol_12345

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble getting in touch with Brian? I sent my initial email and got a response after a week. I emailed him back with some more details and now it's been 2 weeks with no response haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads