• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

motojobobo

Reaction score
My role club engineer arrived today. RC1940 last, low woodsman heel, corded half soles, soft toe, Maryam horsebutt

Congratulations...beautiful pair of engineers :slayer::slayer::slayer:. That leather looks ace.

If you don’t mind please post more pics of them from different angles. I’m considering signing up for Brian’s wait list for a pair of engineers. How long did you wait for them? I’d love to see your detailed build request to guide my future choices.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations...beautiful pair of engineers :slayer::slayer::slayer:. That leather looks ace.

If you don’t mind please post more pics of them from different angles. I’m considering signing up for Brian’s wait list for a pair of engineers. How long did you wait for them? I’d love to see your detailed build request to guide my future choices.

Awesome. Can you also post a pic of your foot in the boot? I'd like to see how much room he leaves around the calf.

Jpto

Reaction score

Thanks, I’ll definitely take some more pictures when I get chance. I placed my order back in June 2019.

I think the wait time may be over a year now. My detailed build was pretty much the summary in my original post, I placed my order over email and had sent some details about the hides that I had sent to Brian.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In early April I was told May of 2022.
You mean for deposits placed this year? That’s a pretty solid wait time for sure. Almost makes me want to make another deposit just for a build slot even though my first build won’t be till late this year.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Brian uses to stain the "hand finished" black horsehide?

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the wait is sitting at August 22’ now. I just put down another deposit. Still looking forward to getting my first boot early next year, but the long wait time now makes it worth it to just have another build pending.

Reaction score
Hello all, new member here. I thought I would chime in with two pairs of my Role Club Boots. The black ones are the 1940 last, the green are the 2307 last. Both are Shell Cordovan, both have structured toe boxes. The black pair I have had for a year the green ones just showed up.
20200520_081837.jpg
20200520_081857.jpg

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look amazing! If I can ask, what are the differences between the two lasts? I'm really like the 1940 as it looks like a fuller toe.

repete66219

Reaction score
Iron Ranger resole & relast. Brian does beautiful work.

Black half sole, low block heel, dark brown edge finish, 722 last.

SmIj028.jpg

xrl6V7H.jpg

U9PTaeL.jpg

o6LUkKz.jpg

fw1yxCf.jpg

bjhofkin

Reaction score
Awesome.

Would you be able to shoot a whole bunch more photos of the 1940 pair from different angles, by any chance? I'm right now in the process of finalizing an order and can't decide between structured and unstructured toe box.

Would be very helpful – thank you!

Hello all, new member here. I thought I would chime in with two pairs of my Role Club Boots. The black ones are the 1940 last, the green are the 2307 last. Both are Shell Cordovan, both have structured toe boxes. The black pair I have had for a year the green ones just showed up. View attachment 1402771 View attachment 1402772

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics