• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had him relast it to my foot specs and on the 722 last

when I purchased these Aldens (my first pair at the time) it was a half size too big. I went to the shop, got measured and went from there.

It was honestly a great time with Brian when I got measured. He’s such a cool dude
Nice! I got measured this past December and he was great. Should hopefully be getting my underdogs really soon here.

gnu

Reaction score
Wow, Brian is really getting busy. I got a pair of Role Clubs probably about 6 years ago and the wait time was about 8 weeks. Haha.

JDAYE15

Reaction score
Well I only paid the $200 deposit but you can definitely lay the full price from what I see.
Well I only paid the $200 deposit but you can definitely lay the full price from what I see.
Yeah I'm laying down $200 as well. I'm hoping once I have my spot the wait will get shorter. (Like people bowing out) But I highly doubt that. Mentally I'm just rounding the wait time up to 3 years lol.

JDAYE15

Reaction score
Wow, Brian is really getting busy. I got a pair of Role Clubs probably about 6 years ago and the wait time was about 8 weeks. Haha.
Nice! What boots did you have made by him? :)

JDAYE15

Reaction score
I know the wait is long. But I figured I'm younger so I'll have a good bit of years wearing them. As well as im sure his wait isn't gonna get any shorter. Not him being a one man show as he is!

gnu

Reaction score
Nice! What boots did you have made by him? :)

Black horse engineers. When I bought from him he was pretty much just doing the engineers and resoles. He had literally just started making boots. I remember going to visit his shop to get sized and he was pretty surprised because no one (or very few) had really done that before. He had to scrounge around the shop to find stuff to measure with, a place for me to sit, etc. He gave me a tour of the shop, it was pretty cool.

JDAYE15

Reaction score
Black horse engineers. When I bought from him he was pretty much just doing the engineers and resoles. He had literally just started making boots. I remember going to visit his shop to get sized and he was pretty surprised because no one (or very few) had really done that before. He had to scrounge around the shop to find stuff to measure with, a place for me to sit, etc. He gave me a tour of the shop, it was pretty cool.
That's is awesome!!! I'm sure that has changed over the years. I live in PA so I am just about on the other side lol. I would love to go to his shop but with COVID and such that won't happen. Maybe someday I'll do that! Maybe I'll plan a trip to CA this year!

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made the trip to go pick my A2's like right before covid in late 2019. It was great having a conversation with him about nothing at all. He was very cool over all. Plus I think it's really nice to meet someone that decided to something different like that, it's really admirable since he is my same age.

I also was able to get my engineer boots last month which really made me happy since he was a little late on finishing and I had already moved across the world, however he at no extra charge, shipped it all the way to Japan. They are beautiful boots, I cant wait till they look like dog **** from wearing them to shreds. My A2's have already been all over the world, actually in Mexico City randomly got chatted up by someone for having Role Club (and Kapital Century) on. Small world eh.

JDAYE15

Reaction score
I made the trip to go pick my A2's like right before covid in late 2019. It was great having a conversation with him about nothing at all. He was very cool over all. Plus I think it's really nice to meet someone that decided to something different like that, it's really admirable since he is my same age.

I also was able to get my engineer boots last month which really made me happy since he was a little late on finishing and I had already moved across the world, however he at no extra charge, shipped it all the way to Japan. They are beautiful boots, I cant wait till they look like dog **** from wearing them to shreds. My A2's have already been all over the world, actually in Mexico City randomly got chatted up by someone for having Role Club (and Kapital Century) on. Small world eh.
What's a good airport to fly into to drive down and see him?

JDAYE15

Reaction score
What's a good airport to fly into to drive down and see him?
My wife and I were actually planning a trip to go to lake Tahoe and Yosemite! We were gonna fly into San Francisco. But just not ready yet with Covid hanging around. Any suggestions?

Randelpink

Reaction score
My wife and I were actually planning a trip to go to lake Tahoe and Yosemite! We were gonna fly into San Francisco. But just not ready yet with Covid hanging around. Any suggestions?

He’s in DTLA so that will be about a 7.5-8 drive to go see him from Tahoe area.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads