• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ap10046

Reaction score
Guys,
I know this must be a much repeated question, but I cannot scour 15,000+ posts for an answer..
What socks can be worn with different shades of Khakis in a fairly conservative office environment? I have run out of ideas with Argyle!
Navy? Light Blue?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-post WAYWRN - Tyrwhitt (Loake) shoes, Pantherella socks . . .

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Guys,
I know this must be a much repeated question, but I cannot scour 15,000+ posts for an answer..
What socks can be worn with different shades of Khakis in a fairly conservative office environment? I have run out of ideas with Argyle!
Navy? Light Blue?

It's not a matter of what socks "can be worn". It's a matter of what socks can you wear. My day started at 0730 with two generals talking about maritime security. I wore the socks above. Not everyone would. It's personal, and these things work for me: in context, I was wearing a worsted three piece suit with a spread collar light blue shirt, plain white PS and a subtly patterned burgundy tie i.e. classic business dress for the rest. If your overall look is classic and sharp, a couple of dandy details are unlikely to offend.

But I think blues with khaki would work very well. It's about what you feel awesome in.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Guys,
Navy? Light Blue?

almost anything solid.

--

very nice, crusty.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
^^ If I might chip in two pennr'th here: the Loakes I'm wearing above have been with me ten years. I also have an Indian-made pair, and a pair of boots made for Tyrwhitt. They are decent goodyear welted shoes, and I bought them because they fit and they looked nice. At that price. their apparent durability has been a considerable bonus.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jungleroller wrote "Those are beautiful shoes. I was just looking into Tyrwhitt shoes, how do you like them? The price seems reasonable. Is their quality and wearability up to par as well?"

In my limited experience (I own only two pairs of shoes from Tyrwhitt), I find that they have a reasonable price/value ratio. They are solidly made, and are (again, in my limited experience) Goodyear welted, so that they can be re-soled as needed. They are made for Tyrwhitt by Loake, which is not the most highly regarded of English shoemakers by the denizens of these fora, but, if you like the style, the shoes should serve well enough.

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
Like those tyrwhitts, Aldo think I've seen a brown/forest green pair around here somewhere

Lobb chambord in black meleze buffalo grain
Incos
Pantherella

Last edited:

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ If I might chip in two pennr'th here: the Loakes I'm wearing above have been with me ten years. I also have an Indian-made pair, and a pair of boots made for Tyrwhitt. They are decent goodyear welted shoes, and I bought them because they fit and they looked nice. At that price. their apparent durability has been a considerable bonus.

Jungleroller wrote "Those are beautiful shoes. I was just looking into Tyrwhitt shoes, how do you like them? The price seems reasonable. Is their quality and wearability up to par as well?"

In my limited experience (I own only two pairs of shoes from Tyrwhitt), I find that they have a reasonable price/value ratio. They are solidly made, and are (again, in my limited experience) Goodyear welted, so that they can be re-soled as needed. They are made for Tyrwhitt by Loake, which is not the most highly regarded of English shoemakers by the denizens of these fora, but, if you like the style, the shoes should serve well enough.

Back on topic:

AE Walnut Strands socks by Aldo (thanks wifey)

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
A bit more subtle today (loud SC to compensate!):

Alfred Sargent, Mazarin and a bit of flannel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads