• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rjonline

Reaction score
I also took some (low quality) photos off my phone from the boot section of the catalogue. Hope it helps someone since the website is really lacking information.

Wuwei

Reaction score
I just picked up these boots and am trying to identify them. They look like the Macqaurie but seem to have block heels... Any have an idea?

proteinnerd

Reaction score
Last edited:

rjonline

Reaction score
Saw these in-store. I think it would be a lot better if they left the leather off the sole, but I guess this would be more durable/last longer?

subtleStyles

Reaction score
For those of you who felt the toe box in the Macquarie was cramped when you first got it, did the situation improve at all?

I wear 10D in AE 65/511, 9UK in Carmina Inca/Rain/Forest, 9UK in C&J 341, and 43 in Vass F. I got a pair of Comfort Craftsman 9.5G and they were way large, so for my second shot I went with a pair of 9F French Veal Calf Macquaries. After wearing them for a day I feel like my toes are a quite cramped, and the 4th and 5th toes are touching the toe box when walking (big toe is fine.) My toes are quite tapered, too (i.e. "Egyptian")

I'd like to get a few data points on if these will fit better after a while or if the last isn't for me (or maybe I have the wrong size...)

The boots also fit fine in the instep, ball, and heel, with thin wool socks.

leon12

Reaction score
Does anyone know, is the number printed on the insole next to the size indicate the manufacture date? I just received a pair marked 2/16 and my prior pair is marked 5/14. The new pair has noticeably thinner leather that is a much richer brown.

milw50717

Reaction score

. After wearing them for a day I feel like my toes are a quite cramped, and the 4th and 5th toes are touching the toe box when walking (big toe is fine.) My toes are quite tapered, too (i.e. "Egyptian")

The boots also fit fine in the instep, ball, and heel, with thin wool socks.

If you are toes are hitting the toe box with thin socks on then I'd say that that is going to a problem moving forward, especially if you spend a lot of time on your feet. The leather may give a little, but generally not around the toe box area as this will be reinforced to help retain its shape.

Better slightly too large than slightly too small in my book as adjustments can be made with various insoles and thicknesses of socks.

accidentprone

Reaction score
Here are some more photos showing the differences between the Comfort Turnout and Comfort Macquarie that I thought might be helpful if you're trying to pick one over the other. Both boots pictured are 11G, and I wear 11.5 D in Allen Edmonds. The bottom line is that for a given size and width (at least for 11G), both models are pretty much identical up to the ball of the foot. They have the same maximum width, but the lateral side (outside edge) of the Macquarie tapers to the toe in a more direct fashion. The medial side on both (see photo below) is pretty much the same with a slightly more direct taper on the Macquarie compared to the Turnout. To help produce a more pointed toe, the Macquarie is a little longer.

For my foot, I could probably drop down to a 10.5 G in the Turnout but not the Macquarie since the sharper outside taper would hit my lateral toes in the Macquarie. I'm not a fan of tight boots since I'm on my feet for most of the day and because I don't like how the ball of my foot stretches the leather and disrupts the toe's nice lines by creating a bulge near the toebox. This isn't a problem with a slightly roomier fit.

Quiet Observer

Reaction score
B168Y
RM Williams Executive Boot

I have searched this thread and I did not find any information on this style of boot. Is there anyone on the forum who can comment on the fit? I wear an 11F in the craftsman boot with the screwed sole, but this boot is now only available in a G fitting. Furthermore I have been advised that it is standard practice to go down a half size when ordering top boots as there is no elastic or fastenings holding your foot in place.

Snorpley

Reaction score
Hey Leon, that's the production month/year for your boots.

Does anyone know, is the number printed on the insole next to the size indicate the manufacture date? I just received a pair marked 2/16 and my prior pair is marked 5/14. The new pair has noticeably thinner leather that is a much richer brown.

Jim Profit

Reaction score
Is it easy to remove the inner sole of the Comfort Craftsman? I would like to buy the Blaxland buy its impossible tog get it in Dark Tan or Rum after LVMH has taken over RM Williams

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads