• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

basstoyourface

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from Bootsonline to Toronto recently? How has that experience been? Get dinged with customs?
Lol, expect to get hammered, expectedly, on brokerage charges from DHL.

I would opt for the Australia Post option.

Duty is ALWAYS due, outside NAFTA which is now dead (the USA) at 25%-35% ish I think, and HST is due on everything. I believe we have a personal credit of $150 on HST only, anything over it is chargeable. It's basically disgusting. That said. I want that chinchilla in 10F!!!! But 8 weeks MTO + 6 weeks for postage, Jesus. I could order 2 immaculate mind-blowing Onderhoud boots for the same price and get them sooner, also MTO.
  • Priority International Shipping (DHL) ($75.00 (AUD))Priority international shipping (1 - 2 weeks from dispatch)
  • International Shipping (Australia Post) ($50.00 (AUD))Standard international postage (2 - 6 weeks from dispatch)

MDRedwood

Reaction score
Hi, what's the actual width difference between the F & G. Is it all the way slimmer from heel cup to toe box? About 1mm or 2..3..? mms narrower you figure?

Do you feel the F at all shorter?

Would you think of ever trying E?

According to RM Williams own size chart, the 7.5 F width is 238mm and the 7.5G is 244mm (measured around the metatarsal joints). (and the E is 232mm)

basstoyourface

Reaction score
According to RM Williams own size chart, the 7.5 F width is 238mm and the 7.5G is 244mm (measured around the metatarsal joints). (and the E is 232mm)
Hi, where's this chart? I need them for 9.5 & 10 please.

basstoyourface

Reaction score
Eastdane BF $520CAD but G widths.

Those of us who need non std will have to get lucky on used or buy full price from Australia.

Who's the lucky one who capitalized on my over extended finances that I didn't bid on that MINT CC 9.5G for $111. What a lucky score whoever got it.

basstoyourface

Reaction score
Wait that's my size gimme
I have one actually that I'm selling maybe. Not too far from ya. It's another reason why I passed on that one lol. Don't exactly need TWO 9.5Gs sitting here.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bordeaux Chinchillas today:

20201203_rmw.jpg

ibo

Reaction score
Question on widths:
1) How much difference and where is exactly is this difference when you go up in width, say from a G to an H?
2) Is going up a half size better than a width for toe space?

Background:
Hi all, I'm wondering if someone can help me out with this sizing issue I'm experiencing. I've been eyeing the Comfort Craftsman for a couple of months now and after using the sizing instructions and charts, my length and width circumference take me exactly to size 8G. Weird to me at first because I've always considered myself a wide footer, my AE Park Aves are in a 9E and fit perfect, but I'm happy to try a G width since that's all they sell here in the US if I don't purchase directly from their NYC store. So, during the recent Eastdane promo, I pulled the trigger on an 8G since their return policy is great. When they showed up, everything fit comfortably snug (even the widest width area of the boots) EXCEPT the area where my toes are. It feels like my toes are being squeezed a bit on both sides so that I can't comfortably wriggle my toes. They're cramped and it feels like the boots are forcing my toes to cup a tiny bit, just overall more restrictive and uncomfortable. There isn't any pain involved though.

So, after returning the Comfort Craftsmans, I'm wondering if I should try a half size up to 8.5G or test my luck on an 8H? I just don't want to compromise the snug fit around the ankles and forefoot too much in order get more toe room (a bit of compromise is no problem). Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. I've read as much as I can and it seems there are people who chose either option and it worked for them, so that's why I phrased my question with as much detail as I can. I wish there were multiple widths available to try, but unfortunately that isn't the case here in the US.

Thanks!

jargo14

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from Bootsonline to Toronto recently? How has that experience been? Get dinged with customs?
Hey how did this end up working out for you? Been wanting to buy a pair of Comfort Craftsman in Chestnut. Wanted to shop local at ABC but online is looking to be the cheapest option.

basstoyourface

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201204-052940_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201204-052940_Chrome.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 562

MDRedwood

Reaction score
Question on widths:
1) How much difference and where is exactly is this difference when you go up in width, say from a G to an H?
2) Is going up a half size better than a width for toe space?

Here is the official size/width guide from the RM Williams site:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads