• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket Japan

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have tried Ring Jacket (sports coat, didn't try suit, so don't know how the pant fits) at the Armoury at NYC, like the fit a lot, but will probably only stick with sports coat. I prefer more of a English look for suit. For reference I take the same size (36) as all my other suits (RLBL/RLPL/PRL/Paul Stuart/Paul Stuart PC/Isaia/E. Zegna/Gucci)

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

katabatic

Reaction score
* Grey trousers
* Indigo denim (wear a casual shirt and skip the tie)
* White denim
* White or cream corduroys

I have a very similar SC, and that's how I tend to pair it.

shrugged

Reaction score
Do Ring Jacket's have much material to be let out? I find I could use an extra half inch in the chest, and waist on the measurements posted here. Thank you.

emiristol

Reaction score
Do Ring Jacket's have much material to be let out? I find I could use an extra half inch in the chest, and waist on the measurements posted here. Thank you.

Just measured --- about 3.25 cm. of extra material in the waist and a little more in the chest.

Last edited:

guyver00

Reaction score
Thought I'd share (no, more like brag) that I have found 2 RJ's (1 suit and 1 Meister SC) early this year in a thrift shop in HK. Both are canvassed construction.

RJ Meister SC, all wool, very thick and luxurious

3 piece suit, pants are at the seamstress being lengthened

Bought the 3 piece for $300 HKD. From research, seems like T. Nobukuni is Taishi Nobukuni, a fashion designer. Whereas Wild Life Tailor is a menswear shop that uses RJ for their MTM suits. On their website, it seems like a 3 piece runs at about ¥74,000. I was shocked by the 45% polyester content, but can't resist the price. Maybe the polyester is for Japan's heat and humidity?

Left the SC because they want $2,000 HKD for it.

http://wildlifetailor.adametrope.com/product/

table21

Reaction score
Well, I read this thread then took a shot in the dark and ordered one off ebay. HERE! I imagine it will not fit like nearly everything I purchase like this, but maybe my tailor can help me out. Seems like a really good price for a staple piece.

Wish me luck.

Edit: I totally missed the fact that leatherfoot carries these, there store is only a few blocks away from me.
confused.gif

Last edited:

guyver00

Reaction score
They fit a bit snug. I'm a US 40, but with a RJ 40 it felt like I was wearing a US 38, especially the shoulder area.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads