• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket Japan

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm heading down to Khaki's of Carmel tomorrow to check out the new Ring Jackets before their San Francisco trunk show. I'll try and get some photos of jackets and fabrics.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm heading down to Khaki's of Carmel tomorrow to check out the new Ring Jackets before their San Francisco trunk show. I'll try and get some photos of jackets and fabrics.

check to see if they will MTO a bomber if you don't mind

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

check to see if they will MTO a bomber if you don't mind

If by a bomber you mean this jacket, they have it at Khaki's. It seems to be more of Ring's version of a classic British Baracuta. If you visit the trunk show in SF on September 29 and 30 you can discuss a MTO with Ring Jackets Sales Manager who will be there to take measurements and write up orders along with Jim and his team from Khaki's.

This is the hang tag "master Seed"

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was an incredibly comfortable and attractive fabric. You would want to roll it up and sleep on it :) The fit on me was perfect and shoulder was as nice as my bespoke clothing from Naples.

They had many different jackets and fabrics. I will post them in the Khaki's thread.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Rakuten link. "The translations crack me up: ring slim classic '168' model in panties see three-dimensionally and show beautiful belly', also silhouette is 'legs, legs' specification below the knee straight squint of crotch superficial clean. "

Ring runs a size small compared to US and Euro brands, generally? So if I am a 38R US, I should go for a 40?

And on this Rakuten site, are they showing Euro sizing? I am guessing they are, as I am looking at a suit that shows 44cm (17.3in) shoulders for a size 48.

thanks!

Last edited:

khakisofcarmel

Reaction score
As abitofcolor mentioned, we'll be having a trunk show with Ring Jacket for suits, sport coats and trousers. You can find details in our thread here, sign up for an appointment here or email us.

I'll check to see if they'll be including outerwear, but it's my understanding that their sportswear division is separate from their MTM -- but I'll try to confirm one way or the other.

As far as Ring Jacket sizing goes for sport/suit jackets, it's been my experience personally and working with customers that you should size up -- at least in the fit we carry in our store.

I'm typically a US 38R and wear a EU 50 in Ring Jacket. The armholes tend to be higher and the fit is trim. I'll take measurements and cross post them here and our thread.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The details on this jacket are very nice. Little touches like the color of the button holes, the quality of the zipper, the subtle paisley interior lining. A lot of thought went into this for sure.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought from Rakuten? How did you choose your size? Are the measurements on the listings accurate?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads