• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When will the maverick restock? Why no half sizes?

As stated above, next spring. No half sizes since it costs more to order those, both in terms of stock size and price from Bestetti as I've understood it (probably since Riccardo only have full size lasts and need to work with build ups for half sizes, it's quite common in Italy. But I'm not sure).

whyriver

Reaction score
[ATTACHMENT=11641]image.jpg (3,151k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

They came in last week when I was away on vacation, I gave them a little treatment after stepping into the house but forgot to unpacking though.

Last edited:

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have pics of Bestetti's that have been worn for a while. Interested to see how the leather holds up.

check teh last
few posts of
the threadstarter
(who has more
bespoke bestetti
than most on
this thread)
unfortunately the
pix are gone
but his thoughts
remain

bamboo also
posted his thoughts
on the leather of
his shoe

on teh dutch
stijlforum there
is a recent pix of
a pair worn
5 times
*if you use chrome
you can do autotranslate*

wengxiah

Reaction score
check teh last
few posts of
the threadstarter
(who has more
bespoke bestetti
than most on
this thread)
unfortunately the
pix are gone
but his thoughts
remain

bamboo also
posted his thoughts
on the leather of
his shoe

on teh dutch
stijlforum there
is a recent pix of
a pair worn
5 times
*if you use chrome
you can do autotranslate*

the two eyelet derby?
mwink[1].gif
uhoh.gif
bored.gif
eek.gif
cry.gif

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My RTW Maverick from Spiga3.

Very nice, unfortunately without half sizes this isn't even a possibility for me right now.

That is I take it everybody is sizing down a full size for these shoes correct? UK to US that is.

Last edited:

PeeCeeBee

Reaction score

Very nice, unfortunately without half sizes this isn't even a possibility for me right now.

That is I take it everybody is sizing down a full size for these shoes correct? UK to US that is.

I was kinda worried when I size down to UK6 from the usual UK7 for Carmina simpson but apparently it works. At least when I put them on once they arrived.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, unfortunately without half sizes this isn't even a possibility for me right now.

Yes. Go down one full size. If in between sizes, SPIGA still recommends sizing down, so some could be down 1.5 from US. That probably won't work for some. I have the RTW Maverick and Boston Derby now. As a 10D, the 9UK is a very good fit in both. There is plenty of room in the instep, but if I had to go down 1.5 the toe box would likely be too tight.

I really like the 1967 last and have asked Bestetti about a tall boot using it. I may have misinterpreted, but with additional RTW models coming directly from him, he mentioned the option of half sizes. Maybe others like Jesper have more info, or you could just shoot him an email to confirm.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Go down one full size. If in between sizes, SPIGA still recommends sizing down, so some could be down 1.5 from US. That probably won't work for some. I have the RTW Maverick and Boston Derby now. As a 10D, the 9UK is a very good fit in both. There is plenty of room in the instep, but if I had to go down 1.5 the toe box would likely be too tight.

I really like the 1967 last and have asked Bestetti about a tall boot using it. I may have misinterpreted, but with additional RTW models coming directly from him, he mentioned the option of half sizes. Maybe others like Jesper have more info, or you could just shoot him an email to confirm.

Thanks this was a big help. The sizing info on the Spiga3 site was a bit odd. Especially seeing how someone wore the same UK size in Carmina as they did for EG. Hopefully he will come out with 1/2 sizes fairly soon and this actually maybe another viable option for me.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks this was a big help. The sizing info on the Spiga3 site was a bit odd. Especially seeing how someone wore the same UK size in Carmina as they did for EG. Hopefully he will come out with 1/2 sizes fairly soon and this actually maybe another viable option for me.

I would dearly love to find that Maverick somewheres

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would dearly love to find that Maverick somewheres
Of the ones I saw, that's certainly the one I would have chosen.

I guess I'll have to keep my eye out for them when they come out with half sizes.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads